Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 / Linkin Park - Welcome To Blinkin Park 2017 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, May 4, 2017.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

was honestly one of my first thoughts

2. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I definitely think this had a big impact

3. TMS2787

Trusted

I told my girlifend: "I feel bad saying how bad the new album was now." And she said something to the extent of what you said. Sad news, sad day.

4. Mtlman1331

Trusted

I mean in all fairness the album was dreadful, worst one of their career by far. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion....the feud between Chester and the very vocal fan base got bad though.

5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Because instead of internalizing these opinions, everyone now feels empowered by social media to tell these people how shitty they think their art is very directly. It's super fucked up.

Davjs, FTank and Brent like this.
  6. TMS2787

Trusted

I didn't see any of that because I don't follow them and / or him. Was it on Twitter or what? The album was really bad but i'd hate to think that was brought him down. I hope it's not.

7. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Oh I agree, no reason to go on social media and their pages and go after him. That was completely wrong. I just am saying we shouldn't over think the opinion of said album, just like you said to essentially rub their noses in the fact that it wasn't very good was very fucked up. In the past an album just wouldn't sell well etc and that's how the message got across...not the sad way we have it today...i.e.: Suicide silence, volumes, linkin park albums etc

8. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Yea it got really bad, a lot of back and forth between the fans and Chester specifically

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

That's why I was upset at all the comments in the Article Discussion forum. Like, you could tell he was stressed about it. And people took it way too personally and started all this analysis.

Joe4th likes this.
  11. TMS2787

Trusted

That is terrible. I'm pretty sure I Tweeted once or twice about how I thought it was bad. But I didn't @ them. Sometimes I Tweer what I think of any album but I don't really @ them because I'm afraid they'll see it and it could have some sort of effect on them.

Like, I saw Broadside on Sunday and I thought it was one of the worst things I've seen live in a very long time. So I Tweeted "So is @Broaside the worst thing to come out of the pop-punk scene in the last 5 years! Or… nah?" And my girlfriend told me that stuff like that isn't really cool because they'd probably see it and I agreed. So I quickly deleted it.

We all seem to thank bands and stars are impervious to our comments and backlash, just because they have fame and money doesn't mean that. It took me a long time to realize that because as a teenager when MySpace came around I'd get into with band members because I thought they put on shitty work. I sometimes regress to that but it isn't right. It's just like the Ed Sheeran situation. Like him or not, he's one of music biggest names and who cares if he was on GOT? Lol.

tl;Dr this whole thing sucks. I would've seen Linkin Park next time they came close. And now I never will. I feel terrible for the band, it's crew, friends, family and even die-hard fans. I hope he found peace.

12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Can't imagine Blink is still moving ahead with these shows. I do think that Blink was (that feels so weird to say) the bigger draw but the double bill was likely the reason they were doing baseball stadiums.

Still can't get over this news.

13. Mtlman1331

Trusted

Yea I'd imagine even out of respect that the shows will be canceled. It would be just too weird to even do it with Blink

popdisaster00 likes this.
  14. korey011

Regular

Yah exactly. I could see Blink 182 doing a tribute show around the area sometime later this year. Still though, this sucks. I never got to see LP. RIP

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I saw LP several times between hybrid theory and minutes to midnight, always were one of the best live shows around. haven't seen them live since maybe 2008/2009 but, all the projeckt revolutions and the tour with coheed and cambria were amazing shows.

i wouldnt be surprised of blink continued with the shows as a memorial or tribute, but would understand 100% if they put them off or cancelled.

16. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

one of my best LP memories is seeing them at MSG in support of "Midnight", right at the peak of the Jay Z collab. hype, and for the encore they brought Jay out and did 3-4 songs from that album.

17. ChipKelly4thand9ers

I don't wanna be that guy right now right here but in all honesty, even Jason Tate ripped into him on the front page a little while back.

I honestly, thought the new album was better than the last two. And it saddens me very deeply how quickly people will tear into influential figures and artists all over social media.

18. red8ge

Regular

i think it's hard for anybody at any level to have to deal with flurries of criticism esp. when you're putting yourself in a vulnerable position. "heavy" was so hated by everybody and you can tell the lyrics meant a lot to chester

unbelievably sad by all of this

19. Grato

Regular

Regardless of crowd reception to their newest record, anybody has to have serious mental issues in order to take their life. There's nobody to blame except the stigma of mental illness.

Truly a shame though and I wish the best for all of the LP camp.

suicidesaints likes this.
  20. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

That song really grew on me. Initially thought it was mindless soccer mom pap but ended up taking a liking to it. It takes on a WHOLE other meeting at this point.

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

I don't think the backlash from the new album pushed him over the edge I think the death of Chris Cornell did. The lyrics in one more light most def have a shit ton more meaning now. The fact he did it on cornells birthday should tell you everything you need to know

22. abear182

Regular

popdisaster00 likes this.
  23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

24. korey011

Regular

There's people stating on the facebook event that they've contacted citi field and said the show is still on. Wierd.

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Maybe blink will still play. We will see.