Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 / Lil Wayne / Neck Deep Tour • Page 7

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, May 6, 2019.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

What's this twitter account you speak of?

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

It was posted earlier in this thread, @underfacevalue - not specific to this tour, but they have been tweeting a lot about and updating every time another show slashed prices

Brent likes this.
  3. dubey Jun 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 1, 2019)
    dubey

Regular

Anyone think blink ends up playing Enema on this tour? I read a rumour recently plus someone asked while Mark was live on instagram today and he made that "lips are sealed" hand gesture.

This would be my most anticipated show in a long time if that happened.

estacey99 likes this.
  4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Probably

5. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

tickets would suddenly move a lot faster if they announce it's an Enema album tour

6. emojedi

Trusted

if that does happen i think there is a chance most dates would sell out or come close.

7. ItsAndrew Jun 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 31, 2021)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I don’t think them playing Enema of the State would drive ticket sales THAT much. Yes, it would definitely get some people to buy tickets but without Tom in the band, people are just less interested. Also, some of these venues are literally almost empty (the seats) and I’m honestly not sure playing the album will magically fill every seat.

If they do play Enema in full, and want to use that to help boost ticket sales, they need to announce it soon. This is a tour in the summer and people’s summers are busy. Someone who may have gone to hear Enema in full if it was announced say, a month ago or something may have already made other plans, which is just ticket sales being lost. Maybe that’s extreme, but I can see it happening.

red8ge and Contender like this.
  8. cameoutswingin

Regular

Barclays Center date added for September 20th

9. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I think the nostalgia well has dried up for Blink 182 since I think most people who missed out the first time around got to see them from 2009-2013 or the last few years. Add in a key member no longer being in the band as well as the fact that the members themselves are now in their mid-40's without a recent hit record the whole thing is recipe for disaster.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  10. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

I agree with most of what you said but don't forget California went number 1 in the US, got nominated for a Grammy and had two successful singles. If that's not a "hit record" I don't know what qualifies.

11. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Yeah I think the hype train that was carrying them and California is definitely finished now. It’s crazy that they were selling out arenas/amphitheaters on that tour, and now these are barely selling

12. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

No that's fair, but that was 1-2 years ago. The musical landscape moves much quicker nowadays so without new music that resonates with young people to remind them that the band is active, can be a tough sell.

ItsAndrew likes this.
  13. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul MN Sept 12

Ummmmmmm, there is no pit on the seating chart-- god, not this again.

14. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

They made themselves too available. They played all the major festivals, they played a lot of shows in addition, and Tom still isn’t in the band. The California tour was their first proper headliner in 5 years. It’s only been 3 years since that, and no new music.

red8ge likes this.
  15. red8ge

Regular

yeah, this completely. also i think arena shows are really fucking lame and most people hate them, when tickets for shows like this come out the only affordable thing is the lawn which is totally alienating

whole band feels like a total business at this point, the comments tom made about communicating through managers really weirded me out and i've been pretty unimpressed by the music they've put out this decade

ItsAndrew and SaveTheEarth like this.
  16. Why do you think there wouldn't be a pit at Xcel? That makes no sense

17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

[​IMG]

18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Wait a few days until the presales start and the seating chart will be updated – if it's changing.

19. J12

Trusted Supporter

I can't imagine the slow sales are not due in some part to the outrageous prices. I mean, again, for the show I'm going to, pit is exactly double the price it was for the 2016 tour at the same venue, and that show had much better support within the genre.

I know nearly all of my acquaintances in the state went to that 2016 tour, because having ADTR and ATL on the bill was big. The people I'm talking to this time around are basically saying "I'm not paying that much to just see Blink, because I wouldn't show up until after Lil Wayne anyway."

I was psyched to pay $100 for a pit ticket for Blink, ADTR, and ATL. I'm much less stoked that I paid $135 for a reserved seat 6 rows behind the pit for an inferior line up. I did it because I love Blink, but, you get the gist.

20. j0hnnyb0i

any presale codes/information for the show at Barclays in Brooklyn NY? it shows on Ticketmaster presale starts at noon tomorrow with no other info thnx

21. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Would they sell more tickets if they could just sell the same seats twice at half-price? One package for Blink & One package for Lil Wayne?

22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Welp, I bought my tickets: two side-of-arena seats, 7 rows from the front of the section, in the closet seat positions to the stage. Two $106 tickets came out to $280 after fees-- OOF

23. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Probably going to bite the bullet and do this for Indy soon too. I have been putting it off haha.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I might go now that Weezy was added to the Jersey date.

25. emojedi

Trusted

Is Weezy still not on the Toronto date?