Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 / Lil Wayne / Neck Deep Tour • Page 25

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, May 6, 2019.

1. Wonder why?

2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

That has to be like a 45-60 min gap between sets, right?

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I hope blink plays longer to make it up

4. irthesteve

popdisaster00 likes this.
  5. GEM37

She haunts the roads

So I know this site likes to talk about every tour like it's doomed to fail, but tonight the amphitheater is packed and people are popping the fuck off for Lil' Wayne.

Looks like a success to me!

MRose24 and manoverboard365 like this.
  6. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Blink 182 and Jawbreaker conflict at Riot Fest, so I bought a ticket for the Michigan date. Need to see Enema in full at least once.

MRose24 and Daniel182 like this.
  7. ALT/MSC/FAN

Who's gone to this?

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

Me! Back in mid-July

9. ALT/MSC/FAN

How was it as a whole?

10. irthesteve

I went but Lil Waye didn't show up. Blink were fun though, hah.

I actually was NOT a big fan of the idea of doing Enema without Tom but they actually fuckin KILLED it and completely changed my mind.

Oddly enough, the second set was pretty horrible. The acoustic songs were ok but killed the vibe, Wasting Time wasn't good at all. Bored To Death sounded horrid live, they really fucked up the beginning of it also, really badly. The brought out Vic Mensa for I Miss You, who I actually like, but it didn't work with the song... Blame it on my Youth didn't sound great live.

I dunno, the Enema set was totally worth it in the end, but I was kinda bummed at the rest of the set

11. MRose24

Regular

Amazing show. Lil’ Wayne knows how to get the crowd hyped before blink. And then blink obviously crushes it.

12. btr

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoy all three artists, so I had a blast the entire night. We were in 100 level seats, second row dead center.

Neck Deep played as the crowd filled in, nothing special if you've seen them before.

Lil Wayne came out and stole the show. Been listening to him for 10+ years and this was my first time catching him live. So hype and everyone there (pretty packed at this point) was super into it.

blink came on and did Enema. The singles had big reactions but was rather quiet during the lesser known songs. The acoustic break absolutely sucked the life out of the show and I swear I could only hear myself sing during "Wasting Time". After they do that awkward 20ish minutes of acoustic songs and change over, it was back to the hits which the crowd loved.

My date was Buffalo, NY and my friends in the box office said they were handing out comp tickets for all seated sections just to fill it up and not be so lawn heavy. Less attended than the ADTR/All Time Low show a few summers ago but just as fun.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  13. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Guess I'm easily entertained, but I thought this was a blast. Missed Neck Deep, saw about half of Lil' Wayne's set, not personally a fan but as I previously stated, the place was packed, people were excited, and Wayne looked like he was enjoying himself, so I was happy for everyone.

Blink blasted through Enema and crushed it, enjoyed lots of small references to The Mark, Tom, & Travis Show throughout which is really cool considering how I almost memorized that record. (Side note: really weird how Skiba sounds so distinct live when he sounds so much like Hoppus on the recordings.) I guess the acoustic set was weird, but really, I was just happy I got to see "Wasting Time" live in any capacity. Rest of the set went down smooth, surprised that nobody else has mentioned how they literally channeled Motley Crüe and had Travis do a drum solo upside down in a rotating cage! (With fire!) Pretty good night, all things considered.

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  14. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Brent likes this.
  15. irthesteve

Our date didn't have the rotaing drum set, but I have seen it at a previous tour and it's great

16. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

17. ALT/MSC/FAN

Went to Michigan and had a fun time. Missed Neck Deep, Lil Wayne was fun for the most part though really not my thing, and Blink playing Enema was solid, though Matt isn’t great at playing some of these songs on guitar. Dysentery Gary in particular sounded rough, but his vocals were good for the most part.

18. Anyone know what time Blink goes on? 9pm?

19. ALT/MSC/FAN

Last night set times were

Neck Deep 7-740
    Lil Wayne 8-915 (the first 15 minutes was DJ hype)
    Blink 182 945-11

popdisaster00 likes this.
  21. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

lolwut

22. himynameisdakota

Regular

I don’t have the stats to back this claim up but it feels like Wayne has easily missed half the tour at this point.

irthesteve likes this.
  23. sixfeetlive

Funny how lil Wayne can tweet when he’s not gonna show up, Alex from ATL can tweet and apologize for a cancelled show that they were opening, Neck Deep can find a new venue but blink just doesn’t acknowledge the cancelled Columbus date at all.

24. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This hit Philly tonight and was amazing. Lil Wayne may have been the best act. Great show

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

So friggin stoked for tomorrow night! What have been the typical set times for this show? Neck Deep 7, Wayne 8 and Blink 930?