Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 / Lil Wayne / Neck Deep Tour • Page 24

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, May 6, 2019.

1. m32137

Regular

My show is finally tonight. This is the smallest venue on the tour, I believe (5500 cap) so it should be a good one. Just hope the work day goes by quick!

2. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Is lil wayne gone now?

3. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

4. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

hope not, wayne killed it in NJ. Hoping to see him again in september at the BK show

MRose24 likes this.
  5. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Lil. Wayne. Is. In.

6. Kristen

Regular

Just got back from the Houston show. I honestly hadn't planned on going at all but after an expensive impulse buy this morning, I ended up going and I'm glad I did.

I went early to see Lil Wayne because I paid a shit ton for a ticket and wanted my money's worth but he was amazing. I really enjoyed his set and he was very appreciative of the crowd. He looked like he was having a blast.

I was right in front of Travis' drums which was absolutely amazing and a different view than I've previously had for any blink show. Lots of fun! During ATST the guy they chose played bass instead of guitar and he killed it! Houston rapper, Bun B also came out during their set and played a quick song with Travis.

I'm glad I caved and anyone on the fence should really go.

riotspray likes this.
  7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Austin show was a blast and super packed. Lots of people left after enema * I miss you though and lots didn’t know the deep enema cuts at all.

zachmacD likes this.
  8. zachmacD

Trusted

It's funny you said that about people not knowing the deep cuts. I saw Blink at Warped Tour and while I was obsessed with Blink 182 growing up, I was wondering how many people from a festival crowd would know all of the songs or appreciate getting a whole album played live

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

It’s weird but I think to a majority of people they weren’t aware that enema was getting played in full or it wasn’t a super big selling point for them. The people i went with, who are very casual fans, actually complained about the setlist and the lack of rock show, feeling this, always, etc.

It’s a bummer they shortened the set and removed cynical, feeling this, and whatever else. The second set felt more like an encore. Also i’m In the super huge minority but I wish they played up all night to rep neighborhoods.

10. zachmacD

Trusted

Yeah thankfully we got all of the hits plus enema. I hope it was a good show for you regardless

11. ABRfan3295

Regular

It was the same way for the Houston show too

12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Oh yeah I had a blast. Wild that I listen to enema maybe once every few years and I still knew every word / live vocal inflections for the songs.

zachmacD and Brent like this.
  13. btr

Trusted Supporter

Never seen a show die as quickly as when they changed over to the acoustic portion and then back to the drum solo. So awkward and killed any momentum Enema had built. Didn't help that no one knew Wasting Time. Just dead for like 20 minutes

Oddjob and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  14. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Drum solo seems to be the highlight 9
    Of the evening for a lot of the casual / Weezy fans though.

Wasting time was awesome (and better acoustic) but it was definitely an odd choice.

15. Despite this I think it's very cool that they're clearly doing something special for the long time fans.

btr and theasteriskera like this.
  16. Jerihoar

Regular

Had a great time! It was 115f out today but dropped to 90s and got really stromy so that was refreshing. Neck Deep was great! Mark came out during December which was fun! Blink killed it of course.

theasteriskera likes this.
  17. Xpertguy5

Trusted

I went last night to the LA show and it was a good time. Blink had a few guests that night, including Alex Gaskarth on vocals for going away to college, Lil Wayne on what's my age again, Josh Dunn taking over the drums on Mutt. Even Jason from Fever 333 came out and did Hunting Season (one of Fever's songs) although everyone looked real confused during that, however I enjoyed a nice surprise. Now, Lil Wayne's set was fun. The crowd loved him and he was having a blast on stage. I was able to get there in time for Neck Deep. A lot of people knew them and it was real annoying to watch a set of theirs and not mosh since there were seats on the floor. Many dates got a pit added and I was disappointed that they didn't do that here. They sounded great though and I was still able to enjoy them. Overall, great show. The second part of the tour resumes in a few weeks and I would recommend going. I'm even thinking about going to the Irvine show that is at the end of the month.

zachmacD and MRose24 like this.
  18. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Does anyone remember what the set times are for this show? The PVRIS show's curfew is at 9:30 and I'm trying to see if there's time to get to blink before it wraps up.

19. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

In Austin Wayne went on a little after 8, and blink went on at 9:15 I think

20. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Alright, it sounds like my gf and I might last-minute pull the trigger on some Irvine tickets tomorrow. What’s the usual set time for Blink this tour? My last class tomorrow gets out at 7:50 and it’ll take me 30 or so minutes to get to the venue. And idc if I miss Wayne

21. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

One post above yours haha.

22. sam_might_say

Daniel182 likes this.
  23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Official set times from the venue

Neck Deep 7-7:45
    Lil Wayne - 8-9
    Blink 9:30-10:45

24. sam_might_say

Well, turns out I’m not going now, but if anyone here is...

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just got here and saw when I arrived, so dumb, very unhappy