Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 / Lil Wayne / Neck Deep Tour • Page 22

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, May 6, 2019.

1. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Just so much weed being smoked at that show.

2. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

There were people in front of me double fisting blunts... literally so much weed at this show

Brent likes this.
  4. emojedi

Trusted

Brent and Jason Tolpin like this.
  5. I guarantee you he legally can't drop off the tour or something

Brent, red8ge and Michael G like this.
  6. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Watch, now he’ll just play a 20 minute set and bounce each night just because he needs to fulfill his contract

Brent, MysteryKnight and Michael G like this.
  7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

He was probably just high as fuck and got too honest, haha.

I'm significantly less excited to see him now knowing that he doesn't wanna be there, though

Brent likes this.
  8. Mtlman1331

Trusted

A tour of this magnitude with as much money is in the line 100% guarantee there is an iron clad contract

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  9. TMS2787

Trusted

“KRAZY”

Brent likes this.
  10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

11. TMS2787

Trusted

SKIBA X WEEZY collaboration confirmed 4 BANGOR!

Brent, Michael G and Daniel182 like this.
  12. xthisislove

Regular

He can 100% drop the tour whenever he feels like he wants to but like mentioned there’s plenty of clauses I assume in the contract where he’ll owe live nation a lot of money.
    Clearly, there are instances Where the promoter knows it’s beyond anyone’s control like family emergencies and so forth but all the tours are insured for every little detail!

13. red8ge

Regular

tom would've sold those extra 18,000 tickets

14. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

... do aliens pay in USD, or a different currency? Bitcoins, perhaps?

red8ge and Brent like this.
  15. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

By the time this tours over we will have ran up on Area 51 and freed the aliens, allowing Tom to re-focus his efforts on Blink. He will join the band for the last string of dates, which will all sell out.

Cgarnsay, Michael G, Joshua and 7 others like this.
  16. natesmith083

Regular

*checks when Detroit is*

I’ll allow it!

Cgarnsay likes this.
  17. red8ge

Regular

definitely rubles

18. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

LA and Irvine both have half price tickets for this on Goldstar. Can't be selling too well if both SoCal shows are on Goldstar.

19. willywilkes

I def don’t know the LA market, it’s obvs a huge metro, but that’s two shows near each other and Blink just did EotS at Back to the Beach Fest in late April which I’m sure doesn’t help things.

Michael G likes this.
  20. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

So whats new with the tour? Lil Wayne still on?

21. Daniel182

Not much and yes.

22. J12

Trusted Supporter

I attended the show on Saturday in Bangor.

Both Blink and Lil Wayne sounded great. I'm not a fan of Wayne by any means, but he brought a ton of energy and genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself. He said multiple times throughout the set that "this is the kind of energy I'm looking for on this tour."

Blink was great, as usual. A much shorter set than I'd like, but there's a lot going on and I'm not going to complain knowing that I got to hear Enema played in full. I've wanted to hear "Anthem" live forever.

The Waterfront is not my favorite venue, and that was solidified even more on Saturday. They staffed one poor middle-aged woman to patrol the entire back guardrail of the pit. People were hopping the guardrail all night, knocking people down, kicking drinks, etc.

It doesn't help that they have a consistent tendency to over-serve alcohol. The result was a massive cluster of heavily intoxicated frat bros sneaking their way into the pit, making it extraordinarily crowded, and just behaving like complete assholes. It got a little better during Blink's set, but not much.

Really fun show. Really annoying crowd, undoubtedly the worst I've been a part of in a long while.

Oh, and regarding ticket sales. I think going in this may have been one of the worst selling dates of the tour. They shut off lawn sales on Friday and removed the 300 section of seating. They took everyone with a lawn seat and moved them up to the gravel (where the 300 seats would have been.) Anyone with a ticket in 300s got moved to the 200s and 100s to fill in the gaps. On Saturday morning, they slashed the ticket prices in half. As a result, I'd say they probably had 9,000-10,000 or so in what is usually a 15,000 seat venue.

23. TMS2787

Trusted

Anyone that has went so far: do you remember set times? I’m assuming:

Neck Deep: 7:00 PM-7:30 PM
    Lil Wayne: 8:00 PM-9:00 PM
    Blink-182: 9:30 PM-10:50 PM

24. Daniel182

That should be correct.

25. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

On some days they've pushed Neck Deep back to 7:15 it seems but those other times have stayed consistent.