Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 / Lil Wayne / Neck Deep Tour • Page 21

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, May 6, 2019.

1. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I wouldn’t call it “rapophobia”, just that people there for Enema’s 20 year tour probably don’t really care about Drake covers and XXXTentacion collaborations.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'd easily call it "rapophobia", and I'd assume what you are calling a "Drake cover" is just Wayne's verse on a Drake song, rigth?

3. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I’m calling it his setlist.

Lil Wayne Setlist at Xfinity Center, Mansfield

33 songs, whether they’re his verse on someone else’s song or not, is a lot to cram into an hour or so set. Maybe if you bought tickets to this tour you’d have a good time. It’s pretty clear that there’s a bunch of people who went to hear “Going Away To College” that have no interest in Lil Wayne doing 45 seconds of a Gucci Mane song.

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Have you heard his version that he’s doing? It’s not just his own part but most of the song that Drake sings. I’ve never heard the term “rap a phobia” before but that sounds like some insane trump supporter shit lol

fourstarters and ArmsLikeTeeth like this.
  5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

lol yeah, it's Wayne's part of different people's songs. I assume you don't know how rap concerts work which is why you're talking like that

GrantCloud and Michael G like this.
  6. manoverboard365

Trusted

This person clearly isn't a rap fan.

Those aren't covers, he's doing his verses from songs he's a featured guest on. It's a pretty standard setlist.

GrantCloud and Michael G like this.
  7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I mean we can call "Rapaphobia" coded racism if you'd like but I think that'd make things get a lot more contentious in here pretty quickly

atlas and fourstarters like this.
  8. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Not trying to in the least bit. I wasn’t the one who
    Came up with that term. I have nothing against him or his set, honestly four drinks into the night not even sure if that was targeted towards me or not lol

9. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I’m admittedly not Wayne’s target audience; I’ll listen to his stuff if it’s on, but I’m not going out of my way to see him live or anything.

Him stomping off stage because a crowd isn’t into him is some boo-hoo millionaire crybaby bullshit though and just screws over any portion of the crowd that IS there to see him.

10. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Only 7,000 for Jiffy Lube Live is terrible. The issue is that in less than two weeks they’re also playing Merriweather Post Pavilion (I’ll be at this show) which is only an hour away. Not to mention they also played Hershey last week. Too many shows in the Baltimore/DC area, can’t imagine the show at Merriweather will have a lot in attendance either.

11. sh0ez

Regular

So transcribing a Twitter video he said:
    “Hold up, hold up”

“I just want the people to know if you’re wonderin’. Please forgive me, but I am so not used to performing to a crowd and there’s not too many, ya know like, still for me. That’s not my swag. I’m not sure how long I’mma be able to do this tour. But make some noise for Blink 182 for including me anyway. This might be my last night though, let’s go.”

Brent likes this.
  12. TMS2787 Jul 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2019)
    TMS2787

Trusted

I am slightly bummed that Lil Wayne will (probably) not be at the show on Tuesday. I know I’m in the monitory but I was looking forward to seeing both Blink-182 and Lil Wayne’s sets.

I do think it’s bullshit that he handled the situation so childishly, it may have sucked for him that the crowds weren’t really there for him and they are undersold but sometimes you just have suck it up and play the shows you’re suppose to be play. not that any of this will hurt him in the long run.

Also, LOL @ calling them “Drake covers” when he performs the portion of songs he’s on that are Drake’s songs. Setlist.Fm really needs to figure out how to do hip-hop / rap setlists better.

Michael G likes this.
  13. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I've made it pretty clear how I feel about this show. This would be good news for me. That said, I feel this is a stunt and honestly it just seems so logistically difficult to have him be replaced or even have Neck Deep be the direct support then have a rotating or consistent opening act.

Here's to hoping Blink makes a statement today with hopefully adding a replacement.

14. Too bad it wasn't neck deep that left

GrantCloud, Joe4th, swboyd and 3 others like this.
  15. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

This is tough on numerous occasions. The way it went down was pretty disrespectful to the fans (whether it's his or blinks), tourmates, production, promoters, and just his ego. He could have finished his set and then spoke with whoever about seeing how the rest of the shows were selling, what can be changed, ect. I was at the show two nights earlier and it seemed like our crowd loved him. And he was added only two weeks before the show so its not like the majority of the people bought tickets to see him. I personally was not thrilled to see him, but once his set started I loved every second of it and would vague for anyone on the fence about him on this tour. I would expect him to either drop off the tour today or change his attitude and just say he was in a bad mood and push through. Plenty of merch at the tents that's been produced to push.

16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I was in Mansfield, and the crowd on the lawn <totally> was into it - his crowd, they knew the songs, the verses, the 'covers'.

Too bad hes leaving, but as odd a mix as Wiz Khalifa/PATD. IF they get another band (ATL), great for those that wanted to see Blink 182 and like ATL. If they extend <their> set, great as well. If Neck Deep extends, well..... Feh :)

theasteriskera likes this.
  17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I'd honestly rather keep Lil Wayne than get another flavor of the month alternative radio band, haha.

18. Joshua

Regular

Don't know why people in here are having a hard time calling them covers. He did portions of the songs, yes, but they weren't strictly his parts the whole time. He even called the chance cover he did a cover, like he directly called it a cover and said he likes to give support to his friends, even if they're massive, by covering their songs on tour. If they're just parts of the songs he's on, they're still not his songs, they don't come from his discography, and if lil Wayne called them covers, I don't see a problem in calling them covers

19. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

It took me about an hour to catch up on all the stuff here that people are saying (on this thread and the blink thread).

So - how was Blink last night?

Brent and zachmacD like this.
  20. zachmacD

Trusted

This tour is just a mess. I personally like Neck Deep but it seems like people still want to bring up their past - I get it, but I'm just saying. If that scenario hasn't railroaded them yet, I doubt continuing to bring it up is going to change anything.

Wayne obviously isn't happy about the turnout regardless of what his crowds are actually like.

Blink has toured amphitheaters too many times without new material and without the original lineup. Just a very awkward tour if you think about it. It's like every act on the tour has some form of baggage attached to it. Hopefully the tour doesn't get cancelled. I saw ND and Blink at Warped tour and thought both acts were awesome

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  21. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

My thoughts on the 3 band show?

Those of us living in the past (40+ year olds) dont care about Neck Deep, nor do we like Lil Wayne.

I was there for Blink. I would think most 40+ year olds are in the same group.

zachmacD likes this.
  22. zachmacD

Trusted

Understandable. Did you enjoy it?

23. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I thoroughly enjoyed Blink 182. Was exactly what I expected, per setlist (of course). And left during last song, and got out of parking lot in 30 seconds flat.

Perfect. Had to shower at home, because there was no way I was going to bed smelling like that (sweat, smoke, etc...)

zachmacD likes this.
  24. J12

Trusted Supporter

If Wayne does indeed drop off, I'm expecting my show on Saturday to get cancelled. Ticket sales were incredibly poor, they're certainly not going to have time to find a replacement, and I very much doubt they'll be able to get away with not offering refunds to people who may have bought tickets for Wayne.

And if they do offer refunds, it's going to give people free reign to dump their $130+ tickets to buy a cheap lawn ticket and get upgraded. I doubt they even open the lawn. They've gotta fill the seats.

25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

lol.

dubey, NJPunkMusic and MysteryKnight like this.