Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 / Lil Wayne / Neck Deep Tour • Page 19

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, May 6, 2019.

1. Straight up worst take in this entire thread

heymattrick, Dirk Lyle and Brent like this.
  2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

You posted this tho

Joe4th, swboyd, GrantCloud and 9 others like this.
  3. atlas

Trusted

Wayne is literal magnitudes better than All Time Low

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Also, former Ryanfears, didn’t you post a link in the accountability thread about the ATL guys being creeps like a month ago?

5. Yes I did. It was entirely about one member, and it basically boiled down to their guitar player's whole persona being kinda creepy and really outdated. Not really cancel worthy.

Regardless, that's not my point. I thought Lil Wayne played a This tour's two biggest downfalls are its extremely overpriced tickets and the fact that Blink got tons of backlash because they're touring with a rapper. A band like All Time Low sells out 5,000 cap venues in the same markets. I'm fully aware Wayne tours arenas on his own, but on this tour he's essentially direct support (playing 20 minutes less, Blink always closes, etc.). You also have to consider the fact that this tour is still very much a rock tour and I think All Time Low is a much safer direct support that probably would have helped the tour do a little better. If this tour was priced better and was Blink/ATL/ND I think it would have done a lot better even with the last minute Enema of the State branding.

I don't really care if @OhTheWater or anyone else on this site supports Neck Deep or not. You all have your reasons and that's fine, but none of the accused members (even though the entire situation was put to rest) are even in the band. Regardless of your need to feel good about yourself by screaming bloody murder every time someone praises this band, they still get coverage on this site. Maybe you should spend more time focusing on the fact that Lil Wayne paid homage to XXXTentacion like four different times during his set last night. Not to mention, think about who they're SUPPORTING. I mean, have you HEARD their live album (jokes about r*pe, underage girls, etc.)? Not to make this tour into a pissing contest of who's the most problematic, but if you're gonna be all high and mighty in this thread, then at LEAST commit to it.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

"Straight up worst take in this entire thread" ^^

Joe4th, Cgarnsay, GrantCloud and 3 others like this.
  7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Can we please not derail this thread with arguments about who support whom? Thanks?

bwh0005 likes this.
  8. Accidentally inserted like a half sentence in the second paragraph and just didn't finish it. Oops. Anyway, I thought Wayne played a fun set. His band was also really tight, and the DJ guy behind him wasn't your typical rap hype man that just yells over half the show.

9. You're right. I sent @OhTheWater a PM, and if anyone else is as concerned as he is about what bands I like then feel free to PM me.

10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

My friend, if you think me calling you out is special you have not been on this site very long. It's nothing personal, just think critically about the bands you choose to support.

riotspray likes this.
  11. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I don't have a dog in this fight, but ripping on Neck Deep and All Time Low for being problematic while supporting Lil Wayne (who has repeatedly worked with XXXTentacion, Kodak Black, Chris Brown, and Nicki Minaj) is kinda silly.

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don't have tickets to the show and haven't monetarily supported Wayne since like TCIII

13. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

Went to last nights show and did VIP meet and greet/soundcheck. they only did BIOMY & Manoverboard due to running late which kind of sucked. Snapped a quick pic then got a quick sig on my VIP laminate and that was it. $175 for that seems steep, but still happy I did it. Scored one of the skate decks too. Lil Wayne was great

14. Brent Jul 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 10, 2019)
    Brent

Trusted Prestigious

This is the worst concert I’ve gone to. And blink hasn’t gone on yet.

theasteriskera likes this.
  15. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. Lil Wayne's set was extremely painful, & I was super stoked to see him. Blink actually sounded better than I've ever seen them, at this point I just expect them to sound like garbage, but it didn't

16. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

We showed up 1/2 way through lil wayne, and found a spot in the lawn.

After a song or 2, we decided to bail out on his set. The crowd was totally digging it, since they knew the songs.

We, however, did not. Painful though? I suppose, since its not our bag.

Blink's show, for us, was terrific. Straight off the setlists from previous shows, was super.... And Travis..... Upside down? Good god! Unreal... We were discussing - better drummer - Chad or Travis... After tonight.... Travis...

Gotta wait for the RHCP show though :)

theasteriskera and Brent like this.
  17. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Man though... I forgot how expensive things were at concerts.... Wine or beer are well over $10 each (and girls were walking around with fancy drinks or 2 beers/time)

How are you all affording all that? (FWIW - there were free booths for snacks like Kind Bars, and stuff) lol

And a booth for designated driver (getting cup and 2 soda drink vouchers which is nice) :)

theasteriskera and Brent like this.
  18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah those beer prices were nuts. $12 for a short blue moon. Yikes.

We got there after Neck Deep and found our seats... When Lil Wayne come on we were the only people not standing for lil Wayne and my wife didn’t know a single song so right after the drake cover we left the seats and just hung out/checked the merch until he was done with his set.

Blinks EotS set was great, but my wife was like... did they get a new singer? so had to inform her of the whole Tom situation real quick. Overall that set was great. We. Had some weird dude in his 40’s next to us who kept asking us if we like this band. then when Mark and Matt went out to the lawn he ran out and got a photo with Matt and tried making me feel bad for not going out to meet him. Really weird stuff.

The drum solo was pretty sweet, and we were getting tired with an hour drive home so we left during Blame it on my Youth.

Place was packed though so that was good to see almost no empty seats.

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  19. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

PIT for Bristow tonight is down to 61 dollars before fees.

20. Damn I hope that happens for Camden

21. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

According to Twitter / someone in the blink thread lil Wayne just played a short set, said he was off the tour basically and that these weren’t his crowds?

22. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Someone on twitter said he said something along the lines of “ain’t enough of y’all here, I’m out” and left after only playing 4 songs

GrantCloud, Brent and Maybevictor like this.
  23. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

lol that's a ridiculous take based off his show last night. MA went OFF for him.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  24. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

NJ and myself loved him. Hope this is a bogus post

25. Joshua

Regular

The crowd loved Wayne at the Hershey date, more than anyone else that night honestly, but that obviously could've been the exception