Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 / Lil Wayne / Neck Deep Tour • Page 11

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, May 6, 2019.

1. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I think this would have sold a lot better jf they announced they were playing enema right off of the bat and they had someone smaller than Lip Wayne open so tickets werent so expensive.

2. Localman

Regular

Blink/Lil Wayne would've been better for some one-off shows like what they had planned with Linkin Park.

Michael G and Brent like this.
  3. SPine

Trusted

Out of curiosity.. Say they went with a different rapper and new-age pop punk band, who would you all want swapped for Lil Wayne and Neck Deep?

EDIT: Haven't followed this thread closely. Don't know if everyone has discussed this.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  4. topper182

Regular Supporter

i agree. The enema idea should have been the plan from the start, but i assume they thought the album would be out before the tour started. I also don't think having Lil Wayne was a bad idea, but in the end, it drove ticket prices so high and out-priced their audience. I assume that this tour will get trimmed down to select dates before it's all said and done. Then maybe they can release the album and go on tour for the album in smaller venues.

5. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I think a tour with Blink, an older pop punk and one/two more contemporary pop punk or emo bands would’ve been ideal.

I think the lineup of Blink/Simple Plan/Neck Deep would’ve actually sold better than with Lil Wayne. They could just use that formula for each tour they do and they’ll still sell

(I could see a tour of Blink, and most of the lineup of NFG’s current summer tour)

6. sam_might_say

Yeah, one of the problems is that the tour is being far more targeted to the Blink crowd than the Lil Wayne crowd. Most of the people who bought tickets are no doubt just in it for Blink, and I’m sure 0% of them are just there for Lil Wayne. And I’m 100% sure sole Lil Wayne fans are avoiding the tour at all cost

alkalinexandy and theasteriskera like this.
  7. topper182

Regular Supporter

Yeah, it does look like the Lil Wayne side has not been promoting it as much or at all compared to Blink. I'm sorta surprised Lil Wayne is still doing the tour. I guess he will get his check no matter what.

8. Mtlman1331

Trusted

I know an absolute ton of people who are skipping this tour because of the prices and Lil Wayne. Most have seen them in the past few years and are willing to skip this one cause the lineup isn’t great. I honestly think if blink just did their thing with NFG, or TBS, or Sum 41 in the direct support slot, with lower ticket prices because of no Lil Wayne this would have sold so much better. But because of Lil Wayne and the prices that come along with him, a majority of people see this as skippable, in a competitive summer season market.

MegT585 and alkalinexandy like this.
  9. dubey

Regular

Toronto is Simple Plan / Neck Deep and hasn't sold well either

This is a city that blink sometimes plays 2 shows in on a single tour

10. topper182

Regular Supporter

Not to be that guy, because I love Matt Skiba, but this could be a factor as well? Even though Tom does sound terrible live, he does make the shows more fun.

I think another factor is set times. I went when they played nashville in 2016, and Blink's set was only an 1 hour and 15 minutes. That looks like it will be the case again for this tour, so I can't justify myself paying that high of a ticket price for such a short set.

11. ccsc918

existing

Nationwide show rescheduled for September 22nd, probably bc of how poor ticket sales are

12. sam_might_say

Interesting. Very interesting indeed mmm hmm...

kman22 and Brent like this.
  13. ccsc918

existing

hahaha i just skimmed through the part where it said production issues and just assumed it was for ticket sales

kman22 and Brent like this.
  14. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Notice there’s no language reassuring fans that they can get refunds if necessary LOL

15. sam_might_say

I mean, it’s safe to assume it IS for ticket sales, so...

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  16. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I’m sure they’ll reach out to the 15 fans who bought tickets individually

zachmacD, kman22 and Brent like this.
  17. btr

Trusted Supporter

That’s Promoter Rule #1 hahaha

18. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

19. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

It’s hit VetTix.

Going for sure now

20. Michael G

Regular

I feel like at this point, Lil Wayne is going to be the one pulling more of a crowd. It seems like his fans are really excited but blink fans are really unhappy, for the most part

21. TMS2787

Trusted

Did the last Blink-182 sell this poorly?

22. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like hip hop and rock/punk/hardcore together tend to only work in certain situations. For example, Trash Talk and Odd Future playing together or Turnstile playing with Suicideboys/at Camp Flog Gnaw. It’s hard to describe but certain bands just fit with certain hip hop music while others not so much.

23. Mtlman1331

Trusted

My Blink/adtr date in New Jersey was a legit sell out, lawn and everything.

24. sam_might_say

Absolutely

I still haven’t heard about anyone excited to see him or going to the tour specifically for him...

Brent likes this.
  25. emojedi

Trusted

Same for Toronto. Ever since the reunion every blink show in Toronto has completely sold out