Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Las Vegas Residency 2018 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by abear182, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i dare one of you to tell me you wouldn't play four chords for 16 days for a paycheck you could retire on

2. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Bands make a TON off Vegas residencies. Like....a TOOOOOON.

Larry David and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. SPine

Trusted

Yeah Britney Spears is making bank in Vegas

4. i'll probably go to a date, even though i know exactly what to expect. but whatever.

5. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

You're kidding yourself if you think they're going to do anything in this down time. Maybe Matt will continue alk3 in some form but Mark will just happily collect his paycheck. Can't believe people thought Tom was in it for the money lol.

6. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Saephon and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. GEM37

She haunts the roads

I am rarely ever this guy, but dude I'm telling you - you are literally too old to be this upset about what blink-182 is doing with their career. It has absolutely nothing to do with you.

This isn't even a typical 'residency', this is a series of weekends that are fairly far apart from each other. If anything, this would convince me to fly out to Vegas for a date or two, if i could afford it.

8. let's go to one!

GEM37 likes this.
  9. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I'd be interested in doing one of the October/November ones and making it a fall vacation. I might chat with my Dad and see if he'd be interested.

10. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Gotta pick out two dates, I'm thinking the middle of the run.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Haha, dude that sounds amazing, but I already have tickets to the Ventura date of Warped (which conflicts) and trying to save up for Pomona as well! Also planning to house myself in SoCal on various friends' couches, so I'm not really ready to drop hotel/gambling money.

If you're for srz, it might have to wait until the fall.

12. heymattrick

Sending my love

I'm definitely gonna try and make one of these. I can usually find great flights to Vegas from Denver on Southwest.

13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

They're older dudes that are getting paid a crazy amount of money to chill in Vegas for a few weekends and enjoy the fuck out of this residency... that literally sounds like the dream you weirdos

14. TMS2787

Trusted

Unless I’m overly tired and didn’t notice it seems like Matt says a ton in that ad and Travis says nothing? I don’t know, it’s been a long day.

Also, who gives a fuck if they are playing a few weekends in Vegas. This can’t possibly be something blink-182 “fans” are mad about in 2018 and claiming “selling out”. If this was a weekend run of shows, in say, a LA theater everyone wouldn’t bat any eye. They can make money, good for them. They’ve been one of, if not the biggest pop-punk band for almost 20 years now.

15. simonthebutler

Regular

Travis has had a solo Vegas residency for the last couple of years so makes sense for blink to join him.

heymattrick likes this.
  16. Maybe they'll bring back the Genie in a Bottle cover.

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

This honestly just seems smart for them....they can continue to make a living without necessarily needing to rush back into the studio to record another album to go out and tour off, the dates seem to look like they will allow Skiba some time to do A3 stuff if that's in the works, and Travis can play a bunch of shows without having to worry about flying or taking a boat places.

At this stage in their career this just feels like the all around right move for them.

18. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Let me get paid

19. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

My mom and her fiance have been talking about having their wedding in Vegas. Maybe I can convince them to do one of these weekends...

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

That's...not....nevermind

21. bradsonemanband and Larry David like this.
  22. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Well I mean, given that you weren't even born when that song came out I guess that's an understandable mistake ;-)

23. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

The setlist is just awesome, IMO.

Jonny Sniper and natesmith083 like this.
  24. natesmith083

Regular

Wow thought they retired Adams song. Good set.

Jonny Sniper likes this.
  25. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

My friends and I were planning on doing a summer trip to Vegas for a weekend. We couldn't work out a time to go, so we decided taking a trip in November to see one of the Blink residency shows would be much better.

$100 is a lot more than what I'd usually spend on a show, but I think it'll be worth it.