Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Gets Two New Gold Records

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

skurt likes this.
  2. DesolateEarth

Birb

So happy for them, especially Matt Skiba! This is his first time getting any sort of gold certification right? Wish I liked California as a whole more but I do love "Bored To Death" so this is awesome!

3. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Did Neighborhoods ever go gold? I honestly don't remember.

skurt likes this.
  4. David Parke and popdisaster00 like this.
  5. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

It did not.
    Source

skurt likes this.
  6. Correct.

David Parke and skurt like this.
  7. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

This is awesome.

8. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Awesome! This makes me happy.

9. Woo!

10. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

I listened to Neighborhoods the other night while walking through the rain and at Trader Joe's and....the whole thing is just so conflicted. It still sounds like Tom Delonge wants to play Angels and Airwaves songs under the Blink 182 moniker while giving Mark Hoppus only a few areas to breathe.

11. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

I know someone whose favourite Blink album is Neighbourhoods :verysad:

12. Phil507

I know this is blasphemy around these parts and likely because I'm a bit older than the majority of this userbase but I find it almost impossible to listen to early Blink records. They still stand up as great pop songs but some of the jokes just wear incredibly thin. For example, 3-4 of the bonus tracks on TOYPAJ are joke songs about fucking your dog, granpa, mom, etc. Just kinda dumb.

DesolateEarth and AshlandATeam like this.
  13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i had a few of the deluxe tracks pop up on Spotify from my 2017 wrapped playlist. there are some goodies in there. wasn't in love with it as a whole but i'm definitely interested in where they go next.

Turkeylegz and skurt like this.
  14. ARo24

Regular

I love California for what it’s worth. Can’t even remember the last time I listened to Neighborhoods. Jammed Self Titled this morning that album will always hold up.

15. Phil507

California is straight-up product given the co-writers hired.

16. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I'm surprised it took this long - I felt like I heard this all over the radio. Guess that's just 2016/2017 haha

shawnhyphenray likes this.
  17. Rhythmandbrews709

Get off my lawn...But seriously, I hear ya. I was always an early blink lover and didn't appreciate the self-titled until I got a bit older. I still enjoy the nostalgia of the older stuff but the joke songs are a bit cringe-worthy when listened to with my old-man ears.

WolvesAreCircling182 likes this.
  18. Loki

God of mischief

I love Neighborhoods and greatly prefer it to California. Still happy for them, though.

19. DesolateEarth

Birb

Neighborhoods is a better album with the bonus deluxe edition tracks imo.