Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 Cancel Bunbury Festival

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Blink-182 have once again canceled on the Bunbury Festival.

To our Cincinnati fans, we are hard at work in the studio on our next album and will hopefully be announcing tour plans for later this year. Unfortunately, this means we will not be able to perform at this year’s Bunbury Music Festival. We apologize and as always, thank you for your love and support. We’ll see you soon!

2. currytheword

Trusted

People are realllllly not happy with this.

Raku likes this.
  3. Fox83

Trusted

Really frustrating. Last year was understandable with health issues. Cancelling again for being too busy just doesn't sit right.

4. currytheword

Trusted

I try to be understanding that some things are out of a band's control. Though, having been a band for as long as they have, I feel like scheduling your festivals and studio time accordingly isn't something that easily escapes you.

Raku, SuNDaYSTaR and Fox83 like this.
  5. TheJMan

Trusted

It probably doesn't help that Travis doesn't fly so it would take him a couple of days to get there and back to CA to continue the studio process. It's not like they can all just hop on a plane the day of and take a red eye right after the concert.

6. BradBradley

Regular

I think that this is really fair. However, it doesn’t change the fact that they overlapped their studio time with this festival knowing those travel restrictions. It’s a really bad look for them to have cancelled two years in a row, even if last year was health related and perfectly understandable. I would be really bummed if I had bought tickets to the festival with the primary goal of seeing them perform live, only to have them cancel... two years in a row. I doubt they would be able to get refunds, but I have no clue. Huge bummer for all of their fans in that area.

Raku likes this.
  7. TheJMan

Trusted

Oh yeah I definitely agree with you.

8. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Am I wrong to think they've canceled more shows since Tom quit than they ever did when Tom was in the band?

Not a good look...

I'm starting to think Skiba. is. out.

I know they were in the studio recently with him but this cancellation coupled with Mark having a new project with the dude from ATL is giving me weird vibes.

Raku and CSWAPPO like this.
  9. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

I'd be interested in seeing post 2009 shows canceled when Tom was still in the band vs how many shows have been canceled since Skiba joined. Just seems like they've canceled a lot of shows in the last 3 years.

Raku likes this.
  10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

What a bad look. Just don't commit to playing the festival the next year if you have to cancel.

Raku likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

They've canceled a lot mostly cause of Travis' health issues. The only thing that's been canceled cause of Skiba since joining blink was a Trio festival show cause of his throat surgery. I don't think that affected blink at all.

But yeah canceling cause of studio time is the worst. And I doubt Skiba was the main call on that either.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

sheesh yea folks in their replies are notttt happy

Raku likes this.
  13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Canceling the same festival twice is a bad look. I know things happen, but canceling a festival appearance is a bad look. The fact that it's the same festival, is worse.

Raku likes this.
  14. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Blink is the new Morrissey.

russvanderhoof likes this.
  15. atlas

Trusted

that's pretty embarrassing and it's not even like the album they're working on is gonna be good anyways!

Raku, Joe4th and Brent like this.
  16. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

They're trying to work with Ed Sheeran on the new record and that's the only weekend he's available.

That's not true but it might be.

artbynickferran likes this.
  17. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

As someone who went last year and was super bummed when they cancelled, then excited to count on seeing them this year, this is extremely disappointing. I understand the studio/album is important, but the fact that they & the festival agreed on rescheduling for the following year only to renege is quite frustrating.

Raku and SPine like this.
  18. TheJMan

Trusted

When Tom was still in the band post 2009 they cancelled a European Tour in the spring of 2011 because they were under a deadline to finish Neighborhoods. They also cancelled a short US tour in I want to say spring of 2012 because Travis had to get his tonsils out and Tom had the flu. I don't know how many shows that would equal.

19. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

I don't know the statistics, but even if it were true that they've cancelled a higher percentage of shows lately, it doesn't mean it has anything to do with Skiba. I'll use the cliche "correlation doesn't equal causation".

20. Zachary Dresch

Trusted Supporter

Pretty sure Blink canceled an entire UK summer tour with Tom so they could finish up Neighborhoods if I’m not mistaken.

21. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Whatever, new album!

22. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

“Scheduling your studio time” is a valid excuse if they didn’t live right down the street from the producer, who works at random hours of the day and night with various members of the band virtually every week.

Raku and Joe4th like this.
  23. bradsonemanband Jan 30, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 30, 2019)
    Could be that the festival reached out to them before they got into the studio so they had an idea of a timeline, and it just didn't work out that way. Maybe the album is taking longer than it was supposed to? Maybe they are on a hot streak right now and don't want to be taken out of creativity?

Also, people forget that Blink rehearses for these shows. So they'd have to get out of the studio for a week or so to practice/write out the set, which takes them out of the studio and postpones or kills the productivity/creativity.

So with Travis' transportation and everything, they'd probably practice for 4-6 days, then Travis would have to leave about 2 days before the show, then take 2 days back... that's a good 8 days right there just for one show, while they're currently in the studio.

if they didn't know they'd still be in the studio right now back when they booked that festival date, i totally understand where the band is coming from. sucks for the fans, but i think it's fairly reasonable for the band, IF my speculations are anywhere near accurate.

24. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

any chance they are scheduling a summer tour and this didn't jive with routing, even though that is a bad excuse?