Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 - California (July 1, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I wonder how many of the signed bundles they will do. That is a lot of stuff to sign.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I appreciate the normal-speed of this thread, haha

Richter915 and bradsonemanband like this.
  3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

After the past few days in the other thread, this slower pace is kind of nice for sure.

Richter915 and Owlex like this.
  4. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

How much does that purple LP and shirt combo cost? The site is down.

5. I think it was around $40, but I might be wrong. The vinyl itself is $20.

6. Jason Tate Apr 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2016)
    Oh man, how did you let that be how you listened to it to start with!? Gosh.

Do you mind my asking why? (Feel free to PM or bring this into the private supporter thread if you'd like, or not respond at all, totally your call.) The way I read it is: The joke is how Mark likes looking at naked men. He likes looking at naked men so much he built a pool to do so. Now, I think the "joke" is that it's creepy as hell to build something to look at naked people. Like if you built a bouncy castle to watch women: creepy. Misogynistic. Mark's not actually building the pool, but is expressing this creepiness of voyeurism in a fictitious way. I don't think looking at naked men or wanting to look at naked or half men is a bad thing (I don't think Mark does either, nor do I think the punchline is that a man is looking at a man), the punchline is doing something so over the top extravagant and in a creepy way ... which was my reading of the lyrics in question. My reading of the joke: how would a sad pathetic person watch naked people when he's sad/lonely/pathetic — answer: by building a pool. The joke, in my reading, is on the sad creepy person, not on their sexuality.

Side-bar: Mark's played around with his sexuality for years, expressing masculine and feminine traits, colors, make-up, and enjoyment of nakedness of both men and women. I don't know how Matt currently identifies, but I seem to remember an interview at one point discussing it as well. My reading, with some history of the band member's stance on things like that (two are very outspoken in support) was not that gay men are the joke, but wanting to creep-spy on people is.

With the amount of things I find offensive I've listened to in the past few months, I could be way off and my calibration may be wayyyyy off, but even though I really don't like to talk about my sexuality or personal life - I totally get some people finding things more offensive than others (see: any of the discussion about almost any music the past few months), and totally respect that. I was more just curious if there was something I was totally missing, because this is the kind of thing I usually see.

7. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I ordered the vinyl through Amazon, just hoping it's the 180g. Don't want to pay $12 in shipping and tax through King's Road.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I'll hit you up on pm tomorrow @Jason Tate sorry I'm out drinking now haha

Richter915 and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. This is a way, way, way better use of your time than talking to me! Please, do that. Hahaha. Have one on me!

Nick and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. PM Jason the bill. :-)

11. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The song is fine. I don't have any built up excitement or anything in regards to this album, which bums me out.

I'm trying to piece together my relationship with blink. The band ruled my entire life when I was younger. I was obsessed. I listened to their albums on repeat, learned everything about the band etc. but looking back, I don't think I ever really paid attention to their lyrics. When I listen to their older stuff, I still find enjoyment in most of the songs but the lyrics do absolutely nothing for me, for the most part. If anything, I've come to realize how poorly worded and awkward they are (not even stepping into the pool that is the problematic side of them).

Idk, I posted this earlier on the site but it's so weird to me to fall so out of love with an obsession that lasted a decade.

Letterbomb31 and Richter915 like this.
  12. Pre-ordered the signed LP bundle:pondathumb:

Also, I'm a big fan of the artwork.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  13. MarceloFP

I am a haunted house. I'm superstitious.

Do you think we'll be getting a couple of songs (or at least another one) released before the full album drops? It seems to be a common routine for bands nowadays. Deftones, for example, released 3 songs before GORE was out officially.

14. fingers crossed!

there's 16 tracks, we've heard 2 of them. they still have plenty to share!

MarceloFP likes this.
  15. MarceloFP

The wait would be so much more more tolerable if we got a song in May and another song in June.

16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

They will absolutely release more songs before the album.

fran.182 and MarceloFP like this.
  17. MarceloFP

The confidence and certainty in your sentence just warmed my anxiously impatient blink-fan-heart. I'll take this as a yes.

18. SpyKi

I'd bet money on it, haha.

19. Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  20. SpyKi

21. MarceloFP

22. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Wait, me? Why?

23. SpyKi

Brandon Allin likes this.
  24. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Good point. I was up way too late last night, haha.

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That build-up around 2:45 is everything, then when it happens again around 3:30 it's just as good. Travieeee for the win

SpyKi likes this.