Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 - California (July 1, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 27, 2016.

1. My first impression: the song is safe and boring.

It's the first single, so hopefully there are better tracks on the album. And maybe this song fits better into the album as a whole. Either way, it doesn't get my excitement level up.

2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Man the art style on that cover is horrible.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That would immediately turn me off this album

4. it's like 13 seconds long. I think it's going to be ok, haha. "happy holidays, you bastard" fits well in the mix on TOYPAJ, and i'm sure this will too.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

if there's a song about mark wanting to see "naked dudes so he built a pool", essentially using gay men as a joke it does not matter if it's 10 seconds long.

Contender likes this.
  6. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Relax and have some fun, you grown ups.

7. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Telling a gay man to grow up because he doesn't like jokes about gay men seems stupid, no?

If you're a grown up your sense of humor has probably evolved somewhat to not just being jokes at the expense of others.

Contender likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Anything is entree than that golden showers song we would have had if Tom was in the band...

They need mark to do some of his low stuff and then Matt do sing the higher stuff, that's how we would tell them apart

9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I don't think 'I wanna see some naked dudes' is an anti-gay statement.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Let's wait and see if it's even on there before we start an argument on it.. I do think that it could offend some people tho, and that wouldn't be cool.

11. Paul Beaumont

My assumption is that song would have had its lyrics changed had it become an actual blink song rather than a throwaway demo.

12. SpyKi Apr 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 28, 2016)
    SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Apparently they played it on the radio and it's on there.

13. SpyKi

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. jorbjorb

7 rings

LOL this album will take a piss on 1975/hotelier wow.

Richter915 likes this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

1975? maybe... but I would hold off on "goodness" until they are both out

16. jorbjorb

7 rings

i heard goodness front to back already lol

17. The 1975 > Goodness

I've heard both. :teethsmile::teethsmile:

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

don't get be wrong i like both the 1975 and hotelier new albums. really good. I'm just too psyched for blink haha.

19. SpyKi

I think the same although I haven't got the lyrics for Hotelier yet. Honestly I'd be surprised and very happy if blink came close to either.

As for "Built This Pool", I definitely don't think it's an anti-gay statement or anything like that but I can totally see why people may not be a big fan of something like that being used as a joke.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

unfortunately I have too.. (damn Juno clips I couldn't help myself.. ha) but its probably just a personal preference thing there. But like the poster said above, if the Blink album comes close to both that would be a really good thing!

21. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Yesterday was interesting for me. I grew up being a fan of pop punk, but never really got into Blink. When I was in middle school (very early 2000s), my parents wouldn't let me listen to anything that wasn't Christian music. I grew up in a pretty strict Christian household. My bands back then were MxPx, Ace Troubleshooter, Relient K, etc etc. By the time I got into high school and started listening to anything I wanted, was about the time Blink broke up and I never really went back and got into them. Also I never really listened to Neighborhoods either.

Fast forward to yesterday, I listened to the single and absolutely loved it. I spent last night listening to some of their older albums and it was really fun. I'm super excited for this album, even at age 25 and not a previous fan of the band. I don't really listen to much pop punk music these days, which makes this even more surprising to me.

22. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Well I do so...

Richter915 likes this.
  23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I have that user blocked, but thank you.

TheWater(s) and SpyKi like this.
  24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

the fuck is this? badbad not good at all

25. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Hiding out in this thread while people in the other thread argue about BTP.