Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 - California (July 1, 2016) Album • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 27, 2016.

1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Half the shows I’ve gone to this year are in LA because people have skipped here lately haha

irthesteve likes this.
  2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

"2014 Reading Dumpweed" is my go-to rebuttal in these situations

chewbacca110 likes this.
  3. I can just see Tom thinking "at a loud punk rock show, you can't make out what they're singing. So I really don't even need to know the words to these songs as long as I'm singing the melody." But what he didn't think of was all the videos (especially pro shot ones) where you can hear everything perfectly... haha.

slimfenix182 likes this.

4. I had to look it up to see if that was the "accent version" I was thinking of.

It is.

5. hahaha just skip to 1:40....

6. Oh, yeah I referring pretty much to Matt specifically — if we’re talking all-time performances, then yeah there are definitely recorded shows with Tom that were much worse than those Kimmel ones!

My point was that Matt never really solved the “problem” of Blink being a bad live band — people only acted like he did because he... wasn’t Tom lol. Imo the bar was super low, and Matt didn’t help the band clear it by much. I agree that the Kimmel performances are real bad, but I don’t think they’ve ever proven themselves to be much better than that, and have also been much worse in the past.

7. lol. I'm sorry.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Ah, I didn't know that fans thought Matt brought new life to the band live I suppose, that's where I got confused

trevorshmevor likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Holy fuck that transistion to the chorus haha

I really don’t understand what’s so difficult about playing a blink-182 song live. Every 14 year old in Southern California can do it

11. TheJMan

Trusted

You can find a bootleg of one of the shows they recorded either on YouTube or googling it to download. The date is 11/5/1999 at the Universal Amphitheatre in LA. The bootleg is actually pretty good quality and the band sounded pretty good, or better than normal but yeah there was definitely post production work done.