Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 at ESPN’s X-Games • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

What were the lyrics to Brohemian Rhapsody? Couldn't really make them out.

2. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

"There's something about you I can't quite put my finger in."

Dan O'Neill and Colby Searcy like this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Brohemian Rhapsody is painfully unfunny but the instrumental is cool

4. Ben182TX

@TheBenThomas

Wow...the videos I uploaded have become front page news on this site...craaaaazy...thanks @Jason Tate

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I could be reading charts wrong, so correct me if I am. But,

- Before 'Enema,' the most famous blink songs were Dammit and Josie - both sung by Mark.

- Their best selling record was then Enema. It had 3 singles released - 2 of which (Age/Adam) were sung by Mark.

- Their follow up to their best selling record was Take Off. It had, again, 3 singles - and again, 2 of them were sung by Mark (Rock Show/Stay Together).

Outside of 'All the Small Things,' prior to 2004, it's fairly inarguable that Mark, not Tom, was the face of the band. Your average radio listener would have associated his voice, and not Tom's, with blink-182. The self-titled record marked a shift, with Tom taking the lead on 3 of the 4 singles. But that was a change.

I think, then, that the distinction you're making may not be quite right, because the band's most commercially successful AND nostalgic eras featured Mark more prominently than Tom. Assuming I'm reading the singles charts correctly (which I may not be, admittedly).

Dan O'Neill and J.Dick like this.