Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 776

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I can't rank them either the closest i can get to ranking is bottom 4 which is Teenage Satelittes, Kings of the Weekend, Built This Pool and Brohemian.

2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Second half of this album is so much stronger than the first. Home to California is such a great stretch of songs.

And I know I've mentioned it multiple times already but jesus Home needs to be a single. That song will be HUGE and definitely get them back on the Hot 100.

3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

God forbid people like something you don't. I forgot your word was almighty law

BringsTheAwesome likes this.
  4. RyanRockwell

So I was driving and had a random thought, but it was fun in my head!
    If blink 182 has a trilogy, one that really sums them up I guess for lack of a better term, what would it be? But when thinking of this, don't just use your personal favorites, but for I guess an "outsider" or in general, what three consecutive Blink albums would be their mighty trilogy for you?
    I think I would go Dude Ranch-Enema-TOYPAJ
    I'm sure most people will want to include Untitled in theirs and I get it, but I think the stretch of Dude Ranch through TOYPAJ defines an entire era of "pop punk" and still shows a huge amount of growth.

5. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

The Jerry trilogy 100%

7. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Did I say I wanted you to hate the record? I'm surprised that's all. I wish I enjoyed the record.

8. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I love Travis coming in at the end. Great song.

That said, I find the front half more powerful. I've only listened once though.

9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I thought blink was supposed to be on Colbert tonight but I just checked the intro and 2 Chainz is on. So I don't know when that's happening lol.

10. Oscyy

Pity the living

Was struggling with the sequence of tracks on the album earlier on my first few listens. This album is growing on me already, I love the one two punch of left alone and rabbit hole....soo good

11. AshlandATeam

Trusted

For the record, 'California' very well may be my favorite blink album. It's just perfect - Mark and Travis have always been the draw for me for than Tom was, and Skiba is one of my favorite vocalists in the scene. It's just a perfect marriage, and the album is everything I've ever wanted in a blink album.

12. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

The Only Thing That Matters' intro very slightly reminds me of Time

13. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

This record makes me appreciate Neighborhoods so much more.

btr likes this.
  14. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

A piss-poor record? C'mon man...

Oscyy likes this.
  15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

777 page...lets take a moment to appreciate underoath. Okay, back to blink.

collin512 and AshlandATeam like this.
  16. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

When you like 3/16 tracks? Yeah, I'd say it's a fairly poor record.

17. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

What's your favorite blink record?

18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

cynical right now.

19. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Tie between Dude Ranch and Self titled

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Also, I may be the only one who's kind of butthurt about this comment, but a good number of us are pretty loyal blink fans who've been fans for most of our teen/adult lives. It's safe to say that a lot of us here are the most critical of their music, and I'm telling you, this album is not piss-poor. Sorry, I may have had a little album release party with some adult beverages.

21. 2stepwithsteve

Regular

I can't stand people who say that something is terrible or "piss poor" just cause they don't personally like it, and can't fathom how other people can like it. It rubs people the wrong way and makes you look like an ass. Just say that you don't like it and that it's not for you and move on. The fact that a lot of people happen to like this album should tell you that it's stupid to call it a "piss poor" album.

22. Oscyy

Pity the living

people too hip for new blink

23. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Been listening to Blink since second grade
    The album sounds like a really poor effort in my opinion. Sorry. Enjoy the record who gives a fuck if I don't like it.

24. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Something tells me you're not getting the point..

BringsTheAwesome likes this.
  25. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Huge fan of Neighborhoods. Big Alkaline trio fan. So not exactly.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.