Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 775

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Never enough Travis my man!

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  2. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

I could have been a total rude asshole trashing the album but I didn't no need to be sarcastic because someone is going against your beloved band.

tdlyon likes this.
  3. BringsTheAwesome

You literally said, "Not sure why this is getting so much love." I simply answered that people have a different opinion than you. Sorry to blow your mind, bro. I'll try to keep it more simple for you next time.

4. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Thanks "bro." Really shedding light on a lot for me tonight. Blink forever bro

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I've also heard some complain that there wasn't enough "cursing" on the album and then others say the word "fucking" in "Rabbit Hole" sounded forced.....

God forbid you just enjoy something for what it is lol

6. BringsTheAwesome

Glad to open your eyes a bit!

7. BringsTheAwesome

TRUTH

8. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

so i didn't read any of this just listened now and first thoughts are kind of eh. Didn't think i would think this but I really think it would've been much better with Tom's voice. Definitely not Tom's WRITING, but Tom singing in the verses especially would've added more of that dynamism and dualism between Mark and Tom's voice. Definitely would been different though cuz Tom would not have been able to gracefully hit some of the notes Matt hit in the chorus' and high harmonies.

obviously irrelevant since he was hindering the band, just saying. Agree with most that that Hey Im Sorry should've been on it. My favorite song. Matt added something in that song Tom couldn't have done. It actually kind of sucks that I feel like I have to compare everything he sang to Tom and not just listen unbiased, but I can't hear a Blink song and just ignore the lack of Tom. Also liked Left Alone, Kings of The Weekend, Cynical, and Rabbit Hole grew on me in context of the record. Hopefully they have some lasting value.

9. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

JUST NOW LISTENED:

I like it. I think it will take a couple more listens. I was blown away by Cynical.

The overall sound is definitely try to hit back towards their roots again. I totally feel the "Enema of the State" vibe that the band talked about bringing back. Pop punk really. My favorite album is Untitled, which is such a departure from that happy-poppy-punky, so this album is harder to click with me on the first go around.

Favorites so far:

-Cynical

-Bored to Death

-Los Angeles

-San Diego

I think this album could have been 12 songs. On one hand, I truly love that I have 17 new blink songs to listen to (including the B-side "Hey I'm Sorry"), and on the other hand it makes me feel like it's too long. I also really wanted to like this album. Bored to Death set such a huge precedent for me. It's truly a top-10 (maybe top-5) blink song for me. Cynical comes barging into your face and then the second half of the album kinda falls flatter.

I've only heard it one time through. Can't wait to hear it more times through.

10. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

They sound like a caricature of themselves on this effort. God forbid people are critical and not just blindly liking a piss-poor record

11. testtime

Regular

bruhs, don't get so bent. Lets keep it copacetic.

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Serious question everyone....

If you HAD to choose, what is your absolute favorite song on this album, and why is it "San Diego"?

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You're missing the point which was that you can literally find anything to complain about if you really want to. Saying that there is "too much Mark" while others are complaining there is "too much Matt" is a good example. Those aren't real criticisms.

Not whining about anything I can think of doesn't mean I'm "blindly liking a piss-poor album".

Jason Tate likes this.
  14. God forbid the opposite ... Oh wait.

FTank likes this.
  15. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

16. ChampsMusic

Have I missed anything in the last 225 pages? I stopped visiting once it leaked. I promise I'm back though.

17. John_G

This record isn't long because it has 16 songs. The record only has a runtime of 42 minutes. I don't know why people keep saying that.

testtime likes this.
  18. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

After attempting to listen to the record three times, checking out all three singles and live footage upon their releases, filtering through the forum to find songs everyone has been liking, I think i've given the record more than enough chances and haven't just put the record off. I was very excited to hear what Skiba would bring to the table, but it just isn't a good record. It sounds like a record that their imitators in the genre would have made. And as much as everyone loves to rip Tom apart (and yes it's deserved to an extent) I think his absence on the record is noticed.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

That's an easy absolute favorite. Just hits all my favorite things about this band in one song. Plus it's my hometown! Other favorites are HISALP and California.

20. efp722

Regular

You pretty much nailed my feelings for that album too. Not my favorite but I do find things to like about it.

21. SeeTheLights

Trusted Prestigious

I've had the chorus to San Diego stuck in my head all night and have been singing it to myself while at work and I'm just waiting for someone to walk around a corner and ask what I'm doing lol

22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

San Diego has a great shot at my top 10 blink.

And the Yankees are playing in San Diego the day this came out so that just confirms it's meant to be for me lol.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  23. RoKKeR

The Fly

Really like She's Out of Her Mind, chord progression gives me ATL vibes.

And I don't want to like Los Angeles, the intro and verses aren't very good IMO, but the chorus and bridge/breakdown are fucking awesome.

24. ChampsMusic

I really like San Diego too. The verses are great. My favorite is the pre-chorus.

Los Angeles might be top three for me. I really really like the verses and the chorus. The guitar has that edgy feel hinting back at Untitled.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  25. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

I still can't rank these, there's no way I'm ever going to be able to do it, but as it stands, Left Alone is my standout so far.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.