Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 774

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. btr

Trusted Supporter

Hot Topic has an exclusive red and black vinyl. Bright red with black splatter

DeRRek and bradsonemanband like this.
  2. iamNex

www.instagram.com/sadsongsalbumcovers

The lyrics on this album sure ain't renaissance poetry, but on some level they still appeal to me. I am 25 and caught between the youth and the adult side of my live. On the one hand I still love roaming around Munich and hanging out in bars, acting stupid getting drunk with my best friends. On the other hand I am not a student anymore and now have a position at a university. Living in LA for quite some time since 2014 changed so much of my perception towards my life. So yeah, the lyrics are not the best, but they embody this dichotomy between feeling young and old. And that is totally relateable for me at the moment. I felt so disconnected to neighborhoods that All I wanted was a relateable blink album again. Mission accomplished Mark, Travis & Matt.

marceting and slimfenix182 like this.
  3. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

After one listen all the way through, I dig it for the most part.

It all seems to blend together at certain parts, but that's how Blink has always been for me really, maybe minus Untitled.

Definitely like a lot better than Neighborhoods.

4. Jason Tate Jul 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2016)
    Nah. Cause it had *years* of cumulative plays to make up that fact.

BigG1392 and Fox83 like this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I am glad to finally join in on the California discussion since I didn't hear the leak.

- It's good to hear Travis ripping it up again. He makes Los Angeles.

- Both joke songs, while catchy (Pool) and badass (Brohemian), feels so out of left-field with the rest of the album. It's like finding a raisin in your chocolate chip cookie. I'm not mad about it, just doesn't taste like the rest of the cookie.

- Drink everytime there's woahs and nas. You'll probably get a decent buzz in 42 minutes.

- All hail Skiba.

6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

The second and third points made me LOL

7. BringsTheAwesome

Just got around to watching blink's GMA performance. Holy shit Skiba nailed All the Small Things. So fucking good!

8. Fox83

Trusted

People are overreacting about it because they are listening to it isolated from the rest of the album. If Los Angeles was the bonus track, even the people that are 'meh' about it would be up in arms over it being cut from the proper album.

testtime likes this.
  9. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

As a big fan of Alkaline Trio's earlier work and a lifelong Blink fan, I can't even get through the whole album. Not sure why this is getting so much love but glad people seem to like it

10. Fox83

Trusted

I noticed that he plays it differently based on his hand position but I haven't really studied it yet.

11. mjwood93

Went back and read the Rolling Stone article that started this whole album cycle and it still mind-boggles me how anyone can support Tom and/or want him back. Reading this again made me appreciate the album so much more (though I was already loving it). I'm glad Travis and Tom are at least in a decent place with one another.

As for the album, i definitely like the second half more than the first, but it's all good.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  12. chris-wrecker Jul 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2016)
    chris-wrecker

Trusted

Do you know how stream counts work when you're using offline mode on Apple Music (how I do majority of my listening)

13. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i revisited the entire catalog today and i'm just now getting to neighborhoods. i remember when they released "up all night" i feared for the worst, but then i saw them play jones beach with mcr and they opened with "ghost on the dance floor" (or played it near the beginning) and i thought, "whoa, maybe i'm going to like this record." (that blink show is actually one of my favorite shows i've ever been to. for all the talk of tom being garbage, he sounded great at that show. it also started POURING rain after they played "down," which was amazing/inconvenient.)

and i still like and love a lot of things about it. "ghost on the dance floor"/"natives" is my favorite opening of any blink album tbh, even though it never quite recovers that quality. "after midnight" is sort of a perfect blink single, just the right balance of both mark and tom. "wishing well" and "kaleidoscope" also hit that balance in a really lovely way; people never talk about "kaleidoscope" but it's my favorite song from this era. i love that it's mark's vocal that anchors the spacier bits, and tom turns it into a punk song.

i also love "love is dangerous" (mark's backing vocals!!) and "fighting the gravity" (idk it's weird and cool to me still) so again don't listen to me

14. BringsTheAwesome

Because people love the album?

Crazy concept, but hear me out. Maybe people have a different opinion than yours. CRAZY, RIGHT?!?! Christ...

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  15. BTDandFeelingThis

All....of.....this.

Ooooooh double meaning in that there lol

Dan O'Neill and BringsTheAwesome like this.
  16. BringsTheAwesome

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  17. StephenRocks81

I've given the album a couple of listens today, and do think that they didn't let Matt Skiba come through enough or maybe that was his choice. but for me, I would have liked to see him as more of a member and not a fill in as it seemed to come across in the album. Feels like most of this stuff was Mark leading the way, which is fine since that's the call of the band.

Schooner and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  18. Collins

Trusted

So I know fantasy setlists have been done to death (especially in this thread lol) but I was bored at work and decided to challenge myself to come up with something that would work in the new songs while also sticking within the parameters of a greatest hits set that blink seems dead set on sticking with. I just looked at the sets they've been playing and used that as the starting point.

1. Feeling This
    2. What's My Age Again?
    3. The Rock Show
    4. Down
    5. I Miss You
    6. Up All Night
    7. Bored To Death
    8. Dumpweed
    9. Always
    10. STFTK
    11. Cynical
    12. Man Overboard
    13. Rabbit Hole
    14. Not Now
    15. No Future
    16. Josie
    17. She's Out Of Her Mind
    18. Carousel
    19. San Diego
    20. Sober

21. Violence
    22. All The Small Things
    23. Dammit

I would love to see them play something like this. You still have virtually all of the hits (except for first date) to please the casual fans while tossing in a few deep cuts for the hardcore fans, and then playing plenty of new songs to show off California. I honestly think that if they play enough new songs they can win over some casual fans who might be hesitant to check out California or maybe doesn't even know blink has a new record out. The new stuff would sound great live and fit in with a lot of the classics in my opinion.

19. BTDandFeelingThis

I like this set list actually

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I like the bonus track...mainly bc it's something that would fit right Alkaline Trio's - This Addiction. IDK why, but thats what it reminded me of.

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Why not (not super tied to any order)

Pathetic
    What's My Age Again?
    Rock Show
    Dumpweed
    Cynical
    Feeling This
    I Miss You
    Down
    Apple Shampoo
    Peggy Sue
    Untitled
    Sober
    Everytime I Look For You
    Anthem Pt. II
    Wendy Clear
    Carousel
    Josie
    All the Small Things

Not Now
    Going Away to College
    Dammit

Would also be cool to fit Don't Leave Me and Reckless Abandon in there somewhere.

22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Damn. All the people I've talked to this record about that are big blink fans think it's just okay.

Also that imaginary setlist is perfect

collin512 and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  23. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

They must be damn dirty Tom lovers.

24. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

T**

slimfenix182 and Kyle Max like this.
  25. BTDandFeelingThis

Complaints I've heard about this album:
    No Tom
    Sounds too much like their old stuff
    Sounds too much like gold finger/5sos/All Time Low
    Too much Mark
    Too Much Matt

So basically the only thing the haters like is that there's just enough Travis.

BringsTheAwesome likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.