Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 952

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Blink-182 Announce Secret Show

Blink-182 were on KROQ this morning. They announced they’ll be playing a secret show on June 20th somewhere in California, but no tickets will be available for purchase, you can only win them via the radio station. Their new album is “really close” to being done, they’ve been tweaking things and writing new songs they like that they want to add recently, but it’ll be out within “couple of” months and they’ll be continuing to “release things” (I’m assuming other/more music) even after the album is out.

Mark’s the best at Mario Kart, Travis doesn’t like video games that much, and Matt is hanging upside in a coffin somewhere.

News recap for those that didn't suffer through a radio interview.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

excited for my first day doing marketing for Blink 182, now to check this thread and see how it went

3. It happens all the time but no one listens to me when I tell them that.

4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Sounds like the secret show is another concert this summer that no one will be buying tickets for

btr, Greg, dadbolt and 6 others like this.
  5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Bummer they won't have it out for the GMA performance.

6. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

OMG.

7. Someone's "tour's getting canceled" prediction looking way less likely. :eyes:

Don't think I didn't bookmark that one. ;-)

8. I called that. But maybe they will have a new single out by then, so that would be cool.

9. [​IMG]

bradsonemanband likes this.
  10. Can you imagine if the DJs asked them about the poor ticket sales? That would have almost been as cringey as when the DJ asked Travis why he doesn't take a helicopter everywhere.........

David Parke likes this.
  11. I still think these shows are going to have more people at them than people think.

Simply because I don't think CAA and Livenation are bad at their jobs in evaluating demand, they do this for a living and all that. But we'll see. If they are, I'm going to make them give me a job.

12. AFoolsGlory

@MattW182 Supporter

So glad I skipped this for the Nintendo Direct haha.

13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think they'll ultimately lower prices for each show a few days in advance, which will lead to a surge in ticket sales, but as it currently stands...it's still a big yikes.

14. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I heard Tom is gonna buy all the tickets and sell them at inflated prices. Tom.is.Tout.

AFoolsGlory likes this.
  15. Yeah, but that's just what every big tour does ... that's how they market and sell tickets. That's just how they do it these days cause some business nerd gave a power point about price elasticity of demand.

16. Before going to an Angels game, cause Tom.is.Trout.

17. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Have you seen the tickets she sells? She’d headline over them at this point

18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Pit tickets for the 6/29 Hartford, CT have been dropped to $88.50 + fees.

19. I wanted Amy Shark on this tour over Neck Depp.

20. Not changing the typo.

21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I want Amy Shark to play near me. ASAP.

22. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

moore182 likes this.
  23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

David Parke, sonder, Ken and 4 others like this.
  24. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I've been checking that show almost daily and tickets have dropped a few times now already.

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I have been keeping an eye on the Indianapolis show on 7/3, but nothing has changed yet. I would definitely buy a pit ticket at $89, but I'm having a hard time with $127.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.