Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 and The Chainsmokers, Mark Does a Q&A, and Clip of New Music

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Last night Mark Hoppus, of Blink-182, did a little Q&A on Twitter. He confirmed that their untitled album, is in fact untitled, and shared the story behind the “apple juice” line in “Adam’s Song”:

I was a kid and my parents were headed for divorce. They were arguing in their room behind a closed door and I was in the hallway listening frightened to their muffled voices. Suddenly the noise stopped, their door opened, and I ran, spilling my apple juice.

The thread is a fun read full of things even I didn’t know. In other Blink-182 news, the band worked on a collaboration with The Chainsmokers, with Mark confirming and saying:

We’ve been friends with them for a few years and have tried to collaborate a bunch of different times, but today our schedules aligned and we were all in the same room at the same time.

And, there’s a clip of what sounds like new Blink-182 playing in John Feldmann’s Instagram story. You can hear that here.

2. somethingwitty

Trusted

Literally no one is asking for a Blink/Chainsmokers collab...

3. Should artists only do what people are asking for?

I feel like that'd be a really shitty way to live. They wanna work with some of their friends. Feel like that's a good enough reason.

Ryan, jorbjorb, AshlandATeam and 5 others like this.
  4. SuNDaYSTaR

Regular Prestigious

Sounds like both bands were.

Kingjohn_654, Essie, Ryan and 3 others like this.
  5. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

I'll still forever call it self-untitled. None of this revisionist history bs, Mark!

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  6. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

The Chainsmokers have some decent songs. A collab could be cool. Give it a chance.

Shrek and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  7. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Another fun q&a (maybe other fans already knew this one, but I didn't):
    Q: Who was Josie?
    A: Josie was my friend's dog.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  8. somethingwitty

Trusted

9. SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  10. somethingwitty

Trusted

More of a general statement about them (Chainsmokers) than in reference to anything you said. Travis has some VERY problematic artists he works with for sure. Personally, just don't like one of my favorite bands working with such trash.

I sincerely apologize if you feel that I was putting words into your mouth, completely not what I was trying to do. :)

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

This whole “known associates” thing is getting really weird. They are, like all of us, people. And most people, aren’t perfect. And I’m sure their friends aren’t going to be perfect because they aren’t perfect. And if they were perfect people, they wouldn’t write the songs Blink 182 has wrote like Family Reunion and bunch of other songs.

I am sure if I met Mark, Matt and Travis (or Tom) I’d probably find them to be very nice and interesting people. I don’t think they are serial killers, rapists, bullies, or anything like that which could turn me off listening to or supporting them. If so though, let me know. Until then, I’ll appreciate the updates and look forward to a new album.

Also, I’m not too familiar with the Chainsmokers, but they are collaborating on a song. It’ll be either good or not so good. But until I hear it I have no idea because these collaboration things can sometimes be a pleasant surprise.

12. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I'd listen. I like a couple blink songs, a couple CS songs, so, ya know, Im asking. Have a great day.

13. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I mean, the members of Blink have associated with people like Steve Aoki in the past, so I don't see how this would be that surprising. Plus, Blink are one of the most popular rock bands of the last two decades and The Chainsmokers are two dudes who probably grew up liking Blink like most people of a certain age and predisposition (I mean, "Closer" directly references listening to Blink...). So honestly, this makes all the sense.

I for one hate this idea, but I'm not going to pretend there's anything even remotely weird or off about it. I'd probably even listen out of morbid curiosity...

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

.... The Chainsmokers? lol ugh

somethingwitty likes this.
  15. zachmacD Jan 18, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2019)
    zachmacD

Trusted

I'm not trying to stick up for these guys but you're telling us that you've never said something stupid and regretted it later? You've never done something stupid trying to be cool? I know I've done stupid things than been told about it later and realized how foolish I was.

People are allowed to change. You're taking a writers opinion of these guys based on an article and acting like it's gospel. If you don't like them or want to listen to Blink anymore bc of it, then don't listen

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Have they regretted it? They seem like unrepentant douchebags

17. somethingwitty

Trusted

Ok, weird how we pick and choose when misogyny and toxic masculinity are acceptable...

18. zachmacD

Trusted

based on what? I'm responding to the other poster calling them names and including one link. I honestly could care less about the Chainsmokers.

19. zachmacD

Trusted

No one said it was acceptable. I believe in not blacklisting people after one mistake. Other's do, but it's not something I agree with. We're not going to agree on this so I doubt any further discussion will be fruitful.

20. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Society... Being critical thinkers, went to being hypercritical, to being hypocrites.

I don’t know anything about the Chainsmokers, but people are just so hard on people when it’s not required 100% of the time.

21. jorbjorb

7 rings

This will probably be sick.

22. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

And did anyone walk away so hurt and offended? It’s was silly, probably unnecessary, but was who they were as people and lots of people related to that. Mark still seems childish in his humour. Let’s not be offended by everything though. Fart jokes and that kinda humour is not sophisticated humour, but are we really going to act like a song like “I Won’t Be Home For Christmas” doesn’t kinda leave a smile on your face? They still tried to slip in joke songs on California too, even if they were just 4 seconds long.

And while everyone wants to rip on who Blink members are friends with, let’s not forget they’ve had friends die in a plane crash, lost a friend at a young age to a heart attack, lost friends to suicide, lost a friends and even had a friend get shot and killed.

24. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Well no, because I'm 26 and the dumb shit Blink did is just not funny to me anymore. Honestly I don't really care how much Blink made me laugh back then because, again, it's been 10+ years and my tastes have evolved. Yes, Blink bring me enjoyment on some nostalgic level but at this point in my life I find who Mark and Tom were back then just sad and pathetic, and I'm not going to laugh at the humour they had. It's gross and I'll treat it as such. If your excuse is that people used to relate to that then I think you need to ask yourself if it was ever actually okay that people were cool with that stuff.

And yes, that sucks and I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but that doesn't make someone immune to criticism. If Jesse Lacey lost his wife that would suck, but I'm not gonna embrace him again with open arms just because a bad thing happened to him. Blink losing friends in awful ways doesn't make me think their hideous sense of humour is less reprehensible and I don't know who would think that...

25. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

Not shitting on The Chainsmokers, but how come these bands never want to collaborate with Adventure Club? Legit wild dudes.