Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 / A Day To Remember / All Time Low / The All-American Rejects / DJ Spider Tour • Page 44

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 28, 2016.

1. heymattrick

Sending my love

Because it was ADTR's set and they were covering the song? >-p

2. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Any one going to be at the show tonight?

3. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Show was awesome last night, I haven't seen Klipsch that packed before. I also used to work there so thats saying something.

Knifeparty likes this.
  4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

My Uber driver said Dave Matthews was more crowded a few weeks ago but the blink show was sold out...

5. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

lol that's the logic of everyone that lives around here. Everyone here acts like Dave Matthews is the biggest artist of all time.

joe.boy.fresh. and Knifeparty like this.
  6. Knifeparty

The fact you feel he isn't makes you a traitor to your fellow Hoosiers.

/also a Hoosier

7. kidinthebushes Sep 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 12, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

8. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

That's entirely believable to me. He hasn't been here in a few years, but DMB was the first band to sell out Montage Mountain when he played there in 2005. The venue opened in 2000. His 2006 and 2013 shows there also sold out I believe. He apparently drew 18,000 here in 05 which I can't even fathom. I saw Tom Petty there once and I'm pretty sure they capped that as "sold out" at around 15,000 so I guess they just oversell the lawn when Dave is in town. I don't like his music at all, but he is low key one of the biggest acts in America, at least in some regions.

9. heymattrick

Sending my love

Denver show tomorrow! Finally! The wait on this one felt really long. I'm so excited for all three bands

10. zacooper

Regular

I'm selling 2 tickets to Irvine on Thurs 9/29 and I have pit tickets available on Sat 10/1 at the forum in LA. Selling for cost, just not able to make it anymore. Irvine is $82 each (Loge 5, Row LL) and LA is $95 each.

11. Davjs

Trusted

Any one else at the show on Sunday? I'm not sure if it was just my group of friends and I, but Matt sounded horrible. He sounded tone deaf and just yelled in the same pitch through every song. I never thought I'd say it, but damn I missed Tom lol.

Day to remember and Rejects were awesome as always.

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I can't tell if DGAF is the worst song ever written or not.

Daniel182 likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

Don't know how I missed this response, but yes it was and yes I went! I echo the anger at a 45$ lawn ticket, esp since I thought Matt ruined a lot of my favorite Blink songs.

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I actually liked Matt singing those songs, sounded better than Tom live by a mile in my opinion. Surprised so many people paid that much for lawn, that whole lawn was filled to the brim.

16. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Just googled. Can confirm this.

17. heymattrick

Sending my love

Wow, Denver show was an absolute blast across the board. This was the first time seeing Blink in an arena...the other previous 5 times had all been outdoor amphitheaters. AAR was on point, I had a great time during A Day to Remember, as did the crowd. Blink was surreal. As soon as Feeling This ended and the "Are we alone...so lost and disillusioned" part was not sung and it struck me that this was blink-182 in 2016, and I just went along for the ride. It was weird not having a single song from Neighborhoods, and no Man Overboard...but otherwise the set was on point. So glad to hear San Diego. We got Kings of the Weekend as well.

Looking forward to the other show I'm going to for sure (Albuquerque next weekend with All Time Low).

18. natesmith083

Regular

Travis Barker played 2nd sucks with ADTR last night.

Thursdaysox, joe.boy.fresh. and Davjs like this.
  19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

What did they do with the mannequins?

20. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Matt was terrible at my show too. As I've said in another thread (or this one), when Matt did his Tom impression or sang the new Blink songs, he was good. When he sang the old Blink songs in his voice, it was pretty terrible.

btr likes this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

I knew I wasn't the only one. The group of people I were with agreed, but die hard Blink fans were going nuts anyway. The best way to describe it is he sounded like he had headphones in and couldn't hear anything else.... he was singing so much louder than Mark and all one pitch. Tom messed up a ton, but I feel like his voice had character. I expected more from Matt because I've seen Trio before and he was good. Maybe just a bad couple shows....

22. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I only noticed Matt sounding really bad on Stay Together For The Kids at the VA Beach date.

23. Davjs

Trusted

Really good video of the whole show. I still stand by Matt sounds like he's just yelling in a tone deaf note and made me sad during Stay Together and Reckless Abandon. Not trying to shit on them though, instrumental wise, stage presence, lights and marks vocals were all awesome. That entrance they had was incredible too.

I don't want to sound too entitled but where was the drum solo? There was a small one in front of violence (which I thought was such a cool way to start that song) but I kind of expected a full one during the encore.

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

And there are still three weeks left of the tour!

25. marchofmarty

there is no happy here Prestigious

why would you spend the entire time up against the barricade watching the show through your phone :sly:

heymattrick likes this.