Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 / A Day To Remember / All Time Low / The All-American Rejects / DJ Spider Tour • Page 41

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Apr 28, 2016.

1. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I thought the Grand Rapids show was more fun than the Detroit date! Granted, I had ground floor tickets for GR as opposed to the seated Detroit show.

It was great hearing Josie one night and Man Overboard the next.

Daniel182 likes this.
  2. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Won 4 tickets to the show in AC on Monday. Looks like i'm seeing blink again. Anyone ever been to a concert on the beach in AC? How far is it from the ocean? Worried that the flooding from the storm could cause problems.

3. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

I never went to a beach show myself, but they were selling 20 dollar tickets for the AC show at the Scranton date. So either it's not selling well or they're going to oversell it.

4. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Oh they oversell sell them

[​IMG]

5. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

It is right next to the water

6. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Yikes! I think I'll pass. Any idea what show this picture is from?

7. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

I believe that is from the Blake Shelton show. I do not think this will be as crowded as the country shows they have out there. At least I hope not.

8. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Blink played San Diego last night in Grand Rapids.

heymattrick likes this.
  9. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

That's been played every show since 8/14 or so

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I have one Bored to Death VIP pit ticket to sell for Chicago if anyone is interested.

12. korey011

Regular

Blink 182 in AC just got canceled per the venue because of the storm this weekend

13. marceting

Trusted

Blink 182 in AC is canceled. Fuck me. Heard they sold 35k+, almost 40k. Probably would've been the biggest show of the tour.

14. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Bummed that it's cancelled, but obviously not surprised. The stage will probably be underwater on Monday. Wish they would reschedule but I doubt it.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

My buddies flew out to Jersey to visit some friends. They were supposed to see Florida Georgia Line but it got canceled too.

16. Turntstile

Blink played M+M's last night in Hartford

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

STATEMENT FROM THE CITY OF ATLANTIC CITY:

"Due to the significance of impending Tropical Storm Hermine, the City started assessing the storms effect on future concerts with tidal surge effects on Thursday, September 1, 2016 and required Live Nation to change the plot plan of the ocean side of the event due to the upcoming tidal surges.

However, due to the unsafe conditions with Tropical Storm Hermine and its effects to the beach and surrounding areas and in the interest of Public Safety, specifically those who would have attended the concerts on Saturday, September 3, 2016 and Monday, September 5, 2016, the City of Atlantic City in conjunction with the City's Office of Emergency Management and the Atlantic County Office of Emergency Management are cancelling the special event concerts on those dates.

We need to cancel due to Public Safety concerns including tidal surge, coastal flooding with accumulating tides and high winds from Tropical Storm Hermine, which are forecasted into early next week by the National Weather Service."

~~~~

Refunds for the September 3rd Florida Georgia Line concert & the September 5th blink-182 concert will be available at the point of purchase.

18. WillTheInternetLikeMe

Blink 182 Montreal, Quebec @ Bell Centre 8/20/16
    Gross sales: $393,525
    Attend/Capacity 7,435 / 8,645
    Current Boxscore

19. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

That seems accurate, didn't sell too well. None of the upper sections were open in the arena.

20. Daniel182

I would say 86% is pretty well.

21. redwing91007

Yes but no. The venue can hold over 15,000 people so the 8,645 is just a number reflecting the sections they sold. in reality, less than 50% of the venue was sold out.

22. Daniel182

Did not know that! Then yes, I agree with you. Not good.

23. redwing91007

The thing is there's no real medium sized venue here. We have the Bell Center at 15,000+ but our biggest club (Metropolis) fits 2,350. There's not many options for bands that sell in the 5k range besides holding a smaller show at the Bell Center.

24. heymattrick

Sending my love

I thought 8,600 seemed like a low capacity for Bell Centre.

25. Frobert

Regular

This is pretty crazy considering the Tinley Park (Chicago) show has a 28,000 cap and is sold out except for a number of obstructed view seats.