Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 -“Parking Lot” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 16, 2017.

1. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

I kinda already like this song more than a majority of California. Can't wait til this edition of Blink gets even more comfortable writing together.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Also like how this is a bit more raw sounding from a production standpoint, I think it fits the song.

3. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Agreed, First Ditch Effort and See The Light were so goddamn good.

theredline and Jason Tate like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Obviously I love Mark but I wish this was a Matt-only song, he fucking kills this

5. I still listen to Hang, and really like the new LTJ EP too.

JRGComedy and smoke4thecaper like this.
  6. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Hang was great. and I like the new LTJ but just hasn't grabbed me yet I guess.

7. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Yup, Hang is preeeeeetty good ;)

You getting the chance to hear the deluxe tracks early and first impressions in the Supporters forum?

8. ben.

I just can't un-hear 'Big Yellow Taxi.' Appreciate they're having fun and gelling but I'm missing the blink that really pushed the pop punk boat out.

9. I reached out to try and get a copy early!

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  10. kiguel182

Regular

It's a cool throwback song. The na na nas almost ruined it. They are just annoying at this point.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Whilst I love/d blink when they wrote about teenage stuff when I was younger. It just feels a little weird they are in their 40's writing these songs. It's a decent throwback song though even if the na na nas are getting a bit annoying now.

Raku likes this.
  12. theredline

Trusted Supporter

And I think if you listen to the song, they're not writhing about teenage stuff, I feel like they're more writing about remembering teenage stuff...it's got that nostalgia feel. Anyone at that age starts remembering that stuff and feeling a pull to recapture those feelings. I think that's what we're hearing.

13. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This song rules. I have no idea how someone could love blink or pop-punk and not immediately love this.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  14. Derek

Get stung

Its close to being a good song. It has some cool parts but just feels off.

15. JimmyIymmiJ Mar 16, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 16, 2017)
    JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

I love any talk of Counting Crows, even if it is just a comparison, but it makes me feel really old being the one to point out that Big Yellow Taxi is actually a Joni Mitchell song that Counting Crows covered.

16. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Yup immediately thought Duritz and Michelle Branch when that chorus hit. Decent track though.

17. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I only knew that, because I accidentally added the Joni mitchel version to my Spotify playlist, and didn't remember to take it off for 6 months :crylaugh:

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  18. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

At least my autocorrect was consistent in misspelling Counting Crows twice!

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

How is this different? Sure it's a little faster but they're still singing about suburbs and California.. lol.

How tired and old.

I'd rather get Neighborhoods pt. II

Raku likes this.
  20. mmcd323

Regular

the Bored to Death acoustic version will be interesting

21. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Every Descendents album since Everything Sucks and after has great songs about the minutiae of aging.

fenway89, theredline and Jason Tate like this.
  22. And it's great.

23. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

dig it. i also really liked the last album too

this is fun!

24. for once i think Mark might be my favorite part of the song

25. I hate to use that meme, but for real Feldmann is probably the one to blame for this. It's the same thing with the other bands he produces