Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – California • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 18, 2016.

1. rst

Regular

The poster I quoted was being obtuse and antagonistic, and also flat out wrong. Sorry for pointing it out.

2. StoJa9

Regular

Flat out wrong about what? Saying most people have ZERO idea who Scott is or was? Walk outside. Ask 20 people. Ask 50. Hell ask a fucking 100 people. let me know if you find more than 3 that know who he is. While your at it, ask them who the original Green Day drummer was before Tre.

Christ, you're being a bigger dick about this then Scott himself would be. Sorry, but it's simply the way it is. The "original" Blink-182 line-up, to 99.99999999% of fans is Mark, Tom, and Travis. Find a way to accept that.

FTank likes this.
  3. TFT87

Regular

Haha, this is such a stupid thing for people to be arguing about, but I'll give my input anyways. That Green Day comparison makes no sense. No drummer other than Tre has been with the group ever since they've been mainstream. Scott was on Dude Ranch which WAS mainstream. Older fans of the band who grew up listening to them probably know who Raynor was...making your 99.99% assumption wrong. It's all nitpicking based on a stupid error in a review, but whatever.

4. rst

Regular

LOL are you really this stupid, honestly? All i said was that the original trio is Mark, Tom, and Scott which is true. I wasnt a dick or anything, i was just pointing it out so the writer could fix it. Why you are being the biggest dick about it and trying to argue i have no idea. YOU are wrong, I am right. Here is my comment.

Are you seriously 38 years old? Most of my friends who are around 30 and listen to Blink are fully aware that Scott was in the prior to Travis. PLENTY of fans are aware of this, even younger fans who got into them later on and went back through their discography. Your 99.9999999% claim is absurd. But let's say this isnt the case and no one is aware that Scott was originally in the band for 2 full lengths and their breakthrough to the mainstream. Guess what, it still doesnt fucking matter. As i said before just because people are ignorant about something doesnt magically make something true that is false. A lot of people think Elvis, the Beatles, or some other white guys invented rock and roll. The problem is they didnt, and they were influenced/stole it from black musicians. To say it doesnt matter what is true but rather what most people think is true is one of the dumbest arguments ive ever heard, so kudos to that.

5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Unsubbed.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Given the context of the word -- "fans are going to pick sides between the original trio and this one" ... yes, what the majority of fans perceive as the "original" trio is absolutely valid.

StoJa9 likes this.
  7. justjess

Nice!