Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – California • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 18, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm too picky to do that most of the time. I still want to feel like I'm playing the album through, though, so I'll just take those tracks out and renumber the rest. I'm weird.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Like Jason, I'd drop the joke songs right away. I like "No Future" a lot. I'm not crazy about "Los Angeles," but would probably keep it and move it later in the tracklist. I'd cut "Rabbit Hole" and either "Kings of the Weekend" or "The Only Thing That Matters."

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Huh, wouldn't have pegged you as a No Future fan. I'd actually keep Built This Pool, just because it's kinda funny and, though it doesn't fit very well, also doesn't really ruin the flow for me. Brohemian's gotta go though.

4. Craig Manning

I don't really care that much about "Built This Pool," it just kind of makes the album messier than it needs to be. But yeah, "Brohemian" is a problem because the title track is otherwise a very good closer.

ChaseTx and FTank like this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, that's the decision here that really has me scratching my head.

6. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

Left Alone is my most played. that song is so damn good. am i the only one?

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Nah, a lot of people love that song! It's one of my favorites too.

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Left Alone is the one that doesn't stick with me very well. I don't dislike it, it just doesn't get stuck in my head, and after a less than a week since last hearing the album I'm having trouble remembering it

9. RiseAgainst379

Regular

I put this one pretty much on par with Neighborhoods. Like Neighborhoods, it has some jams, some good ideas that probably needed to be fleshed out more, and some songs that straight up should have been cut.

For me personally, rose colored glasses are a real problem when trying to compare past eras of Blink to the current era. I'm not sure I'll ever like anything of theirs as much as Enema, just because of the relationship I have with that album. Though I do think that Untitled is their "best" one, if there is even such a thing.

10. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I like California a lot. I think it's a pretty song. I really love the na-nas through the end. Having "Hey I'm Sorry" last makes me care less about Brohemian being there. I never can cut songs, I'm an album purist. No Future and Rabbit Hole are definitely my least fave but I don't even skip anything at this point. Besides two listens of the GC album I haven't touched any other music since it came out and nowhere close to tired of it.

11. Craig Manning

It's like they said "Oh, that's too introspective of a closer. Here's something dumb we can tack on the end!"

FTank likes this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Gotta capture that Blink fan demographic!

13. Craig Manning

Not enough pop punk!

FTank likes this.
  14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Craig Manning likes this.
  15. It's a pleasant sounding song I just hate the lyrics to it - so cheese ball

16. Mr_Hox

Shit. Sorry, I was reading it at work and missed the very end.

17. StoJa9

Regular

Can we stop with this? You know full well what the OP was referring to. The "original trio" is Mark, Tom, and Travis. There's maybe 20 people on the planet that know who Scott Raynor is. For 99.9% of people, Travis is and always has been the drummer for Blink-182.

FTank likes this.
  18. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't find it especially cheesy, especially compared to Kings of the Weekend, and Sober to a lesser degree

19. Craig Manning

We need a "Dumpweed" on here. I can't believe that song exists or that they still play it. What a piece of trash.

I kind of just don't like the lyrics to any songs on this album, so I'm more focused on the melodies and vibe. But fair enough!

FTank likes this.
  20. TFT87

Regular

Psh, Dumpweed's one of the best songs on Enema.

21. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Lyrically it's definitely not.

22. TFT87

Regular

Lol, it's a Blink 182 song on an album called Enema of the State.

23. Craig Manning

"I need a girl that I can train."

That line alone makes it the worst song on that record.

24. Craig Manning

And?

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Not because the lyrics are badly written (that describes just about every Blink song) just because they're gross and demeaning