Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “She’s Out of Her Mind” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

It's really refreshing to see old bands try out new ideas...

mattylikesfilms, goation and Raku like this.
  3. KTB182

I'm not hating this quite as much as others seem to. That said, this would have been better as part of a fan contest of sorts instead of an official release by the band. I always hate videos that dont actually include the band members (and the alternate version with the live clips seem out of place). What also bugs me is that the girl singing Matt's parts is playing a Bass, while the one singing Mark's is playing guitar.

4. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I thought that was decently cute. I like the updating of technology (girl with a magnifying glass has an iphone, old guy with a tablet, etc.) and flipping gender roles.

It would have been even better if they'd done a parody of the Man Overboard video. Then they would have been doing a parody of a parody of themselves.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  5. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

So this is what it feels like to be old, to see these ideas get recycled over and over.

fran.182, popdisaster00 and Raku like this.
  6. ianzandi

Regular

Why do people hate this? It's an homage and people don't even make music videos anymore. Just be glad it's even a thing. I enjoyed it myself

7. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

That's simply not true.

fran.182 and Raku like this.
  8. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Fun twist, great to see this band not taking things so seriously these days.

9. TFT87

Regular

Makes me really realize how much better of a song "what's my age again" is compared to this and all of their newer material.

goation and Raku like this.
  10. CheapPop

Regular

Dig the video, and She's Out Of Her Mind is one of my favorite songs on the new album.

11. notbrokejustbent

Who are those women in the video? Holy crap, all three are unbelievably gorgeous.

12. ianzandi

Regular

Let me clarify, people don't make as many music videos as they used to. Or at least not in the same classic manner. Live videos, lyric videos, or going all out like Lemonade seem to be more common now. Maybe it's just me

13. dzyjay

Regular

Love this haha

14. kylethrash

It's just you. "Classic manner" is subjective. Whats a fact is there are ton of music videos being put out every year because of the internet being a platform for them. Not sure what time period you're referring to but I guarantee more videos came out so far this year then whatever you're referring to. Literally almost every band this website covers has a music video per cycle sometimes 3-4.

15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Lol @ Adam Devine

16. lava890

Regular Supporter

This video is great. I like the version better with the women playing the instruments instead of the live cuts of the band, but it's hard to find it unless you're on mobile.

17. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I agree. The version where the women are playing the instruments is better. The one with live shots of the band inserted into it just didn't flow as well - it seemed very off. That being said, in my opinion both the song and video are decent that's about it.

Also I bet Adam Devine was excited to be in the music video. He's always been an avid fan and probably never thought he'd find himself in one of their music videos. That must be a pretty surreal experience.

StoJa9 likes this.
  18. StoJa9

Regular

Because people fucking suck. Post a picture of the sunrise and you'd get 51% of the Internet to hate it.

parkerxcore and ianzandi like this.
  19. StoJa9

Regular

It's really refreshing to see cynical and jaded responses on the Internet.....oh, wait.

Jesus Christ...lighten up, Francis.

20. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Where can we see this "other version" without the live shots?

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Francis? Okay, bud.

22. ManBearPuig

This just confirms to me that they're hanging their hat on the nostalgia train. It's obviously their right but I wish they would try and be more creative.

stuckinvhs and fran.182 like this.
  23. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

It's much easier for me to write a brutal punchline than sit down and write every mixed feeling I have about this.
    I loved California for what it is: a summery, funny pop-punk record. Also, I listened to it because of nostalgia.
    With a new line up the band presented themselves willing to create a new sound while continuing their legacy.
    This video, while it puts a smile on my face (hell, with girls like those, I would've wanted to be in it!!), makes me think they're still milking that nostalgia cow. Why wouldn't they?

StoJa9 likes this.
  24. StoJa9

Regular

It's a quote from a great Bill Murray movie.

Ok. Thanks for elaborating.

25. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

Holy why are yall so negative about this???

Who says they have to do something different or new every music video? They've been doing this for 20 years, they have a right to call back to their most famous video and have some fun with it.

I thought this was hysterical, the almost shot-for-shot match to "What's My Age Again?" was great, I thought it was really well done and was just a really funny, fun homage to an old classic.

StoJa9 likes this.