Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Rabbit Hole” • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Not really feeling this one, especially those first few lines, but hearing Matt is awesome as always.

2. Casadilla

Now that you mention it, I hear it too. Especially that chorus.

3. Fox83

Trusted

4. People are as bad at the "sounds like" game as Victory Records stickers circa 2004.

Also smh at the posts above ... should probably point out that most people's favorite Blink songs were also written very, very fast, so using the "it was written in one day" excuse is weak.

Fox83, Jake Z and Ryan like this.
  5. You can hear it played live. It ruins the end of the album.

6. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Fun fact: The song sounds like blink-182

Aaron Mook and Jake Z like this.
  7. Fox83

Trusted

I've been wondering if it serves as sort of an outro to the last (full) song California. Not saying that it makes it better necessarily. But if it sounds like an outro to the song, at least it will feel more like a hidden track. It still doesn't explain why they would make it a separate track though.

8. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Dear Head, SHUT UP.

I love it. Also "cookie cutter pop-punk" is based around the idea of bands that emulated blink-182. So blinkception.

GEM37 likes this.
  9. Schooner Jun 9, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 9, 2016)
    Schooner

Trusted

It's 30seconds anyway. It would be over and done with before you know it's on

10. Fox83

Trusted

Oh I honestly don't mind it. But yea.

11. Phillip

BOO

Well, as much as the title makes me chuckle, I'm not actually expecting a whole lot. I'll check it out.

12. TedSchmosby

Trusted

this sounds like a song created for a 2003 newgrounds flash animation

13. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Blinkception. Love It!

What's the blink equivalent of those 'Inceptions Horns?'

14. GEM37

She haunts the roads

MY YEAHD?

15. magnetrap

Newbie Supporter

Listening on repeat and it's really won me over. So insistently catchy, which I like. Kinda surprised by mixed reception. Cookie-cutter is a throwaway phrase that pinches a nerve with me. It perfectly describes TOYPAJ, which is basically the same formula every song, written in two weeks and it shows. Also still my favorite blink album.

This album will probably lack the nuance of those airtight Jerry Finn albums, or even the labored over Neighborhoods, but that’s sort of the point. Hitting the reset button. And I love hearing Mark in full swing again. Just preparing myself for all the Feldmann fingerprints.

Jake Z likes this.
  16. justjess

This took me back.