Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Rabbit Hole” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

I really love it. But when I read all the comments about these songs being better than anything on Neighborhoods, I don't agree 100%. I'm a huge fan of Up All Night (what a riff), Ghost on the Dancefloor and After Midnight.

2. Kizwiz

Regular

The song is pretty good but still not near the level of old-school blink who curned out hit-after-hit. I don't know why people like to convince themselves the new songs are miles ahead in quality compared to Neighborhoods and DED... They're frankly about the same. 'Up All Night' was praised and pushed as it was originally a "demo from the self-titled era", fast-forward to the DED ep and that was supposedly better because it was recorded together, butn then once the "new-song syndrome" is over people criticise it.

But I guess it's easy PR to say "This sounds like the old blink. So much better than our last record."

3. GameOfThrones

Regular

2nd verse on was good. Tom sounds a lot better here.

4. Gigantor

I'll turn this god damn bus around.

Liking all of this so far. Can't wait to hear the whole album!

5. Eml182

Regular

Anyone trying to compare this Blink's old songs should remember that NOTHING will grab you immediately like those did. Psychologically, it's just not possible. Just enjoy some killer songs and then you can complain that the next album wasn't as good as this one when it comes out!

6. GameOfThrones

Regular

Not true, a good song is a good song. If a band changes completely in a direction that people like a good song is a good song. But rewriting more of the same hardly warrants praise and adulation from bands not named Nickelback

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think this song is just OK. I liked Bored to Death better, which was also pretty OK. Nothing great. I don't think Neighborhoods was as bad as everyone made it out to be and I'm not so sure this new stuff is as good as people are making it out to be. My favorite Blink album is their self-titled (by far) and while I don't expect any of their new stuff to touch that, I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed with what I've heard thus far. Not bad, but not crazy good or anything either.

Schooner, GameOfThrones and Kizwiz like this.
  8. jorbjorb

7 rings

ghost on the dancefloor is unreal

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I like it. I wonder if they'll be any songs with Matt solo on the album.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I liked Bored to Death 10x better than this. Favourite part of this song was Skiba's harmonies.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I heard it. Nothing really new minus the fact that the day they met up with Feldman to talk about possibly recording with him, they kind of just stayed there that same day for a month to record without even thinking about it. Plus he went a little into details with his lunch with Tom.

12. artvandelay

Importer-Exporter @ Vandelay Industries

Go back in your hole, or I will export you!!!

Schooner likes this.
  13. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I really like this song after a second listen, and for some reason it's giving me strong +44 vibe which I'm fine with

14. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Still surprised to this day that After Midnight wasn't a huge song.

GEM37, Kizwiz and Schooner like this.
  15. Schooner Jun 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 8, 2016)
    Schooner

Trusted

I still prefer Up all Night and after midnight to this. While liking all

Kizwiz likes this.
  16. Kizwiz

Regular

Wasn't Heart's All Gone the second song released (not single) from Neighborhoods and that was honestly a better song than this (especially with the interlude beforehand). That was also pitched as an "old school Blink (Dude Ranch) type of song". It also had that fun mini-game countdown download.

It's still early days and the songs have been good but I'm honestly lowering my expectations considerably that this is any better than post-reunion stuff.

17. Jonesy

Be my alibi?

hearing it followed by watching the lyric video my first impression was "Is this an ode to Blink rift?"

to take something from here at chorus.fm , this song will not be on my ultimate playlist.

Aaron Mook and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. bmoney389

While not as strong as Bored To Death, I'm still loving it! I feel like this is sort of the "Don't Leave Me" of California; Fast and short-ish.

bradsonemanband and slimfenix182 like this.
  19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I don't think this is officially a single, just getting another song out there. They do start playing shows soon. I think "She's Out Of Her Mind" is still the leader for 2nd single. Wouldn't be surprised if they put that out like the week of release.

20. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

I'm really glad that (so far) it doesn't sound like they've tried to replace Tom at all, but rather brought Matt in to do his own thing and bring his own sound and energy to this album. This is the style Blink-182 that we all know and love. I can't exactly say I miss the atmospheric sounds, auto-tune, or attempts at U2-style anthems that Tom was into.

21. justrockroll

agreed. after my first listen, i thought it seemed way longer than the 2:30 it is.

22. localinsomniac

WHAT. SHUT UP. WHAT.

Haven't heard it (or anything aside from Bored to Death) and I won't until the album is out. But wow – the range of opinions on this song is fascinating.

23. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

This is great

24. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I enjoyed this more the second time I heard it

Ryan likes this.
  25. Amber

ambsgotback

I'm really loving this new energy for Blink. Can't wait for the album to drop, it's the one album I've been stoked for the most. Also, even more excited that I'm gonna get to catch this live this summer!