Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Quarantine” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Blink-182 have shared a video for their new song “Quarantine.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Kaduck

Regular

Vids not up yet so I can’t comment on that, but the song is definitely an interesting sound for blink. Lack of Skiba is a bit disappointing, but I like the song.

3. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

It’s mehhh...

44DeLonge and Raku like this.
  4. elroyo

not great, not bad...kinda describes how blink is anymore..

id give my left nut for them to return to their self titled days

5. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Putting slightly cheeky lyrics atop a Bad Religion impression is something I would have assumed Blink could do better. It’s not an awful track, but it’s definitely forgettable.

brandon and Dan O'Neill like this.
  6. meekers

Make Blink Great Again

44DeLonge likes this.
  7. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

NINE is definitely better than this

Analog Drummer likes this.
  8. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

Lyrics remind me of NOFX.

9. Slave to the Grind

Oh good a DMV joke, we don't have enough of those.

Raku likes this.
  10. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Not great. MGK makes the best Blink 182 songs these days.

justin., btr, hiddentrack and 6 others like this.
  11. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I like the music, not the lyrics.

12. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Pretty dull and forgettable.

44DeLonge, Raku and VivaLaPopPunk like this.
  13. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

This sounds like a bad Offspring song.

44DeLonge likes this.
  14. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Matt looks like he doesn’t want to be there.

15. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

It’s funny that I just read someone saying “I miss marks high register” the other day, and then it comes and people go poopoo all over it.

16. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

Love it!

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I love that they get political. Clear message, to the point, clever, and makes me feel good. The second verse is awesome when Mark gets really into it.

atticusfinch and BornToRun like this.
  18. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I get that the lyrics are sarcastic, but something is off and I feel so many people listening to this song and legit going "Yeah, Fuck wearing masks! blink gets it!"

Anthony_Soprano and Raku like this.
  19. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

So is Matt Skiba not in the band anymore ?

20. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

He’s literally in this music video.

21. SupMikecheck

@SupMikecheck

nah Its a valid point. Matt hasnt been involved in their recent features (Goody Grace, Oliver Tree) im a blink super fan, tattoos and all and honestly John Feldman has seemed to have been that additional guitarist lowkey after Tom left. I enjoy everything they’ve been doing but I feel like like Feldy has like 100’s of instrumentals on his laptop that find homes for new blink tracks, MGK side project tracks or Jaden Hossler tracks. If you really dive in its obvious

22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I don’t think it is valid. Matt is in the video, and he promoted it on Instagram today. Why would we think he is not in the band?

23. LOL no one is gonna say that

BornToRun likes this.
  24. SupMikecheck

@SupMikecheck

Posting it on IG is easy. But mostly because he hasn’t been on the collabs. Goody Grace’s music video “Scumbag” hes not there. Oliver Tree’s song “Let Me Down” from this past week hes not on the album cover. The “Quarantine” music video all members look like theyre at their separate homes so mgmt was probably like “hey matt can you film yourself for this music video” And then the song itself is all Mark vocals, Travis drums & the guitar sounds like Feldman. Im not hating or anything theyre my favorite band but it wouldnt shock me if Skiba leaves after perhaps a contract he may have signed. They need him for live shows but with live shows on hold with covid I doubt he’s around as much.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I like that this had some pace to it, and I thought it was better than a lot of Nine, which I just really didn't like. I think I'm accepting this band just aren't for me anymore, the last album of theirs I liked was self titled, or about a third of Neighbourhoods.

Raku likes this.