Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “No Future” • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 23, 2016.

1. SayHello

Regular

The three songs released aren't bad at all, but they're just straight forward rock songs. I don't think they're catchy or poppy like old Blink was - which is fine, a song doesn't have to be catchy to be good, but it's not the Blink of old.

Raku likes this.
  2. tdlyon Jun 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2016)
    tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Um wow didn't expect to be in the minority on this but this is probably my favorite of the three so far. It's definitely at least on par with Bored to Death at the very least for me

3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This is no better than a song from any of the more modern pop punk bands. Utter snooze.

KennedyBN, beachdude42 and Contender like this.
  4. jorbjorb

7 rings

definitely doesn't have that blink feel on this one.

Raku and Contender like this.
  5. CampfireColorado

Regular

Another great song. Love a blink song I can sing along to by the time second chorus hits. So pumped for this album.

6. shea

RIP Supporter

Meh. I'll wait for the album before I get too dramatic and say I'm "over" this band, but I've not been super into anything from California so far..

beachdude42 and FTank like this.
  7. ianzandi

Regular

I very much enjoy this. Great summer album for sure. Blink's biggest song, All the Small Things, was filled with hu-nanananananana's . It's not a terrible thing for energetic summer anthems.

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's like "All The Small Things" never happened for about 60% of the people on here.

9. youngplanetary

gotta say, upon first listen, I definitely got this same vibe. It's like if I had checked out any other band out right now, and their songs sounded like this one, I'd be like uhh no thanks.

but maybe it's just me, but since it's blink I can't help but have an affinity for them, ya know?

or maybe I'm just a fan boy hahaha

FTank likes this.
  10. CMilliken

Trusted

Really enjoyed the song. They've done the Na, na, na's before. I'm fine with it. Best song so far for Skiba I think.

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Probably confirms fanboy status haha, but that's okay as long as you're aware of it.

12. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

It's fine but only decent like all the songs released so far. They are capable of more. I'm not the biggest Blink fan tho so it's all good.

13. jorbjorb

7 rings

it's a reallly krappy chorus

chris-wrecker likes this.
  14. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

meh. like the other two songs....meh

DejaMoi likes this.
  15. chris-wrecker

Trusted

Skiba sounds more himself in this and definitely the stand out in this song

youngplanetary likes this.
  16. Tom Lee

Regular

I like the song and there are some interesting melodies and phrasings, but god damn, the lyrics are terrible and disingenuous as hell.

17. youngplanetary

hahaha very aware. but idk, it has all the makings of any other great blink song when you think about it though. super catchy melodies, some nanana's, some dual vocalist action, even a nice little clean riff in the beginning and huge bridge toward the end.

don't get me wrong, the lyrics are eh, but I think they work well in context. to me, you can really hear John Feldmann's input on this one, more so than the other songs that have been released thus far.

18. I'll be honest, if I had my memory erased and I checked out old Blink-182 songs right now I'd be like "uhh no fucking thanks."

19. ekjohnson4

Not Hydra

Tired of these lyric videos...

youngplanetary likes this.
  20. youngplanetary

hahahaha you make a great point, sir. I totally agree with you on that one.

I guess what I was trying to say was all things considered, this song, and really all the other new songs, sound very "classic blink" to me. not necessarily groundbreaking by any means, but they give me those similar feels that their older stuff did.

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This one is WAYYYYY better than Rabbit hole. 2/3 for me.

Also, Skiba sounds fantastic on the verse, and the drums are on point.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. Kizwiz

Regular

It's the fact that they're beating a dead-horse with it. It's still lazy throwaway songwriting trying to reach some summer song cliché. It's something a band like 5 Seconds of Summer or Good Charlotte would do.

But that's my opinion. The 'ladada's ruined 'Wishing Well' for me too.

beachdude42 and youngplanetary like this.
  23. reesy

It's a no from me.

24. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Really, Blink has always been on the same level as those two bands anyway.

25. Kizwiz

Regular

To an extent, sure. Those bands are influenced by Blink, in fairness. But self-titled didn't really have these type of lyrics.

Bored to Death - "oh, oh, oh's"
    Rabbit Hole - "oh, oh, oh's"
    No Future - "na, na, na's"

It's getting very repetitive. But I think the lyric videos are putting more emphasis on such lyrics.

beachdude42 likes this.