Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “No Future”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. My brother thinks it sounds like MEST. Better than "Rabbit Hole," but these lyric videos make me like the songs even less.

3. Amber

ambsgotback

Those Skiba vocals though! I don't know, I'm liking every song they've released so far. I'm honestly really stoked for this album. It just seems like good vibes all around for the guys and you can hear it.

4. Fox83

Trusted

I'm really going to like this album.

bd007h, CMilliken and skurt like this.
  5. Jeremy77

I like this a lot. Not a bad song released yet. This is the most excited I've been for an album in a long time.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  6. GageStillAlive

Still Alive Supply Co. Supporter

Not my favorite of the 3 songs released but Matt's vocals sound great.

7. Kizwiz

Regular

Not bad just pretty mediocre. The songs are starting to feel lazily written and produced. No wonder they wrote 30+ songs so quickly and scrapped them.. It feels like they're doing the Green Day trilogy album route of lazy songwriting... album is probably full of 'nanana' and 'whoawhoawhoa's

Bayside 182 and Raku like this.
  8. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

haha yeah, the lyrics are uh yeah uh NOT GOOD. not sure why this is how you want it presented for the first time. I like it more than rabbit hole too, but still not nearly as much as bored to death. skiba should be the lead singer though now for real.

NewSurrender and Chase Tremaine like this.
  9. Fox83

Trusted

I never watch the lyric videos the first time I'm hearing a song. I'm not really hung on lyrics in general though (as long as they don't make me cringe), so I'm sure I'm in the minority. I've never really thought of blink as a great band lyrically. I just like when lyrics punch up a song and stick in your head - I feel like this song achieves that.

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Definitey feels very 90s/early 2000s pop punk, I like all three songs though

heymynameisjoe and justjess like this.
  11. GiantBomb

The "na na na na" really detract from the song imo. Otherwise, love the amount of Skiba on the song.

12. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

matt sounds really good here but ugh these lyric videos are not very well done lol

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  13. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

Would be cool if I get to see the live debut of this at Rockfest!

DejaMoi likes this.
  14. Yeah, Skiba's doing great. Just no more "na na na"s PLEASSSEEEE

15. I'm actually with you. Lyrics are never a reason why I like/dislike music unless the lyrics are Black Eyed Peas bad. For most of my favorite albums, the greatness of the lyrics was something I came to appreciate over time. Liking music at first is always about the melodies, the song structure, how the vocals and music fit together, etc. And as you said, that's the problem with lyric videos--they put the focus on the lyrics, even when the lyrics are the worst part of the song.

16. don't fret

Skiba sounds so fucking good

bd007h and Amber like this.
  17. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

yeah that part felt a little superfluous! but also idk how hard it is to write a song so what do i know!

18. ReiAndCoke

Funny how all 3 songs have mark singing first verse, Matt second verse. Unless I'm missing something, Blink rarely did this before (sure, there's I Miss You and a few others).

youngplanetary likes this.
  19. Kaduck

Regular

I don't know, song just seemed really boring to me. Really enjoyed the first two tracks released, and got a kick out of Built This Pool, but this one didn't grab my attention. Still excited to hear the rest of what the guys came up with though!

bmoney389 likes this.
  20. Fox83

Trusted

I agree. The lyric videos put the lyrics front and center, and I've never considered that to be blink's greatest strength. Don't get me wrong, I love when good lyrics grow on me over time, but I rarely return to a blink song for their lyrics. They still hang onto their replay value for me after all these years just from how insanely catchy they can be.

beachdude42 and Chase Tremaine like this.
  21. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Wasn't expecting a song today. Awesome, really like it.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Loved Rabbit Hole and Bored to Death but this song? Couldn't even finish it.

Still excited for the record though.

23. Stevie

Regular

I'm a massive advocate of blink 182, the Trio, Skiba, Hoppus, the new Blink line up, the previous two songs... But this is not good!

As someone mentioned above, it just feels lazy, I'm pretty sure that chorus could have been written in their sleep...

Too much cringe for me, can't deal with the Na Na's and Skiba's Tom impersonation in the mid.

Fingers crossed it's the one song I don't like!

24. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Compared to Bored To Death and Rabbit Hole, I must admit this song sounds to me like a step back. Still looking forward to California, obviously.

25. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Definitely feeling more of Skiba's influence on this one. I dig it.