Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Misery” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Amber

ambsgotback

Misery is a huge win for me as is Parking Lot. Can't everyone just enjoy how much Blink we're getting?! We'd literally have to wait ages for a mediocre (I'm looking at you, Neighborhoods) album and awkwardness on stage because they didn't get along because Tom clearly did not want to be there- and that's perfectly fine for him. But, this is the most excited I've been for Blink in a really, really long time.

As I've said before on other Blink posts, maybe I'm just biased because I'm a HUGE Skiba fan, but when I saw them live last summer, they were actually enjoying themselves!

With that said, I love the positive and fun vibes coming off of California and Deluxe and I can't wait for more Blink in the future.

:)

somethingliketj likes this.
  2. BigG1392

seems so scary to be buried

Mark slays on the bridge. Matt kills it. This is absolutely great.

Amber likes this.
  3. testtime

Regular

I'm curious. The people that like this song, what did you think about the Untitled Album. Do you prefer this type of Blink?

Raku likes this.
  4. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The Untitled is my third favorite album ever. And a peak that I don't think they'll ever touch again. Actually when I listen to it I just am able to enjoy this version of blink easier cause I think it would not go well if they tried to replicate that. I think it was the right time and place and it can't be underestimated how important Jerry Finn was to that album. Hard to say what type of blink I prefer because Dude Ranch and Untitled both pretty much hold the same importance to me. Depends what I'm in the mood for that day.

Amber likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Kind of sounds like No Future but I really like this. Once again Skiba fucking kills it while Mark's part is the weak link (much better than his part in Parking Lot though)

I wonder if they'll ever do solo songs for either of the singers in this iteration of the band though. They surprisingly haven't even done an all-Mark song yet.

Amber likes this.
  6. mrbeanzie

7. Raku

Regular

I was ready to make a joke based off the name alone, but the song isn't that bad. It's a lot better than Parking Lots, but it's still a generic song which is sad for me to say.

So far nothing from this "new album" is any better than what we got in California, which again was a huge mediocre disappointment for me. Like another user said, it's a shame that I can no longer consider myself a fan of this band because I was a big fan of them. Hell, blink-182 (Mark, Tom and Travis) made music fun for me, made it integral to life like it has never been before, and sadly hasn't been since Tom was kicked out of the band.

Oh well, at least I still have other bands to enjoy.

testtime and reesy like this.
  8. mrbeanzie

It is? Thanks for letting me know.

If you enjoy California I think that's great. To me it's uninspired garbage that panders to blink nostalgia and isn't the slightest bit more sophisticated or enjoyable than TOYPAJ.

This is why ice cream comes in different flavors.

SEANoftheDEAD and Raku like this.
  9. But TOYPAJ is good too.

10. mrbeanzie

It was for sure. Loved every damn second of that album when I was 15 and living with my parents. That album rocked. Don't listen to it often these days but when I do it brings me back to my adolescence. It's great for that

Letterbomb31 and Raku like this.
  11. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

Really enjoying this, despite the borrowing a few lyrics from Good Charlotte

12. 44DeLonge

:thumbdown:

Raku likes this.
  13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I love Parking Lot, but yeah, this song basically encapsulates what I thought I'd great from them with Skiba, Blink/Alkaline have a baby, and I love it. Skiba's vocals were killer on standard California, but man his voice gets better and better on these new tracks. Really looking forward to him bringing this energy in his voice back to the Trio.

Amber likes this.
  14. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Neighborhoods tarnished the legacy. (And if it didn't, then Dogs Eating Dogs certainly did...) The California era is reviving it, in the vein of their late 90s former selves.

Amber and Erwin89 like this.
  15. somethingliketj

Can't we all just agree it's nice hearing them leave the "na-na"s in the backseat?

parkerxcore likes this.
  16. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Matt Skiba has truly become one of my favorite artists in the past couple years. They may not be my favorite Blink songs but I sure am glad they are still putting out music and touring.

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Another song about "misery loves company"...

18. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I truly don't understand the obsession with hating on these. They're not a new revelation (has everyone forgotten "All The Small Things"?). Most recently, people have been bitching about their presence in "Parking Lot" where they're literally 10 cumulative seconds the song (5 seconds per set, two sets). I realize they're on other songs too, but they're truly not a big deal unless you actively choose to focus on them.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

They overuse them in their songs. That's why people are hating on them.

somethingliketj likes this.
  20. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Personally I love 'em and it's one of those things that makes them Blink!

21. somethingliketj

I think they just went overboard with the na-na's and the whoa's on the record - I love the record to death - but EVERY (non-joke) song has them. And the issue with them in Parking Lot I think isn't just that they're there, it's that they come out of nowhere and really make no sense in context. That's my two cents anyways.

22. Hugo G.

FKA whiterussian Supporter

Love Alkaline Trio and the blink untitled album but can't get into this stuff at all. I'm not the target audience anyway.
    Mopey lyrics without the right edge to them, and the blandest production ever - barely even feels like Travis is behind the drums.

One thing is funny though: listening to the song at x1.25 speed, it's neat.

Raku likes this.
  23. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Digging the new song. Bring on the new music.

Amber likes this.
  24. Amber

ambsgotback

Spot on.