Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Misery” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 29, 2017.

1. reesy

I've tried really hard to like Skiba's vocals in this band, but I just cant help but think what these songs would sound like with Tom.

Brent and Raku like this.
  2. testtime

Regular

Ugh. Mark sings like Avril Lavigne. Chorus is just meh. I may not have liked Neighborhoods that much but it still sounded professional. These tracks sound amateurish.

Raku likes this.
  3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

This is exactly how I feel. I don't hate the song and I quite enjoy it but I doubt I'll be coming back to it often.

I did enjoy quite a lot of California, it's awesome to see blink energised again but I really miss the creative direction they progressed to on the Self Titled album.

Anyone else think Marks lyrics are a bit underwhelming?

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  4. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i'm finding in pretty much any song that matt sounds way more like mark than i expected and i usually don't notice a stark transition, but agree with most others that this is better than parking lot and more what i wanted.

5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I mean I get where you're coming from, but with Tom he still wouldn't have made any time for blink. It's literally either blink with Skiba or no blink at all.

somethingliketj likes this.
  6. reesy

Pains me to say, but I'm going with no Blink. I kinda feel it's tarnishing the legacy. Blink is not Blink without Tom, period.

Chcurry182 and Raku like this.
  7. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Not to mention Tom is terrible live these days so they'd really only be a strong studio band. Skiba does well both ends of the stick.

Erwin89 and chris-wrecker like this.
  8. *Checks album cover.*

Yep, definitely Blink-182.

9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I mean it's fine if there's no blink to you, you don't have to listen. Just saying there is literally no version of this song that would exist if Tom was in the picture instead of Matt so it's real easy for me to not imagine his vocals in this lol.

Amber likes this.
  10. AshlandATeam

Trusted

California debuted at number one, garnered the band's first Grammy nomination, was well received by critics, and led to a sold out nationwide tour.

I think most bands would LOVE to have their legacies tarnished liked that.

11. Joseph Pepe

THANK YOU, someone finally said it. So very true!

12. reesy

It did have great success, and I did enjoy some of the songs, just didn't feel like Blink to me.

13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe for the 2018 album

14. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

It's funny 'cause Mark said that he recalled his lyrics from early records being sophomoric.

youngplanetary likes this.
  15. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

I agree with all of this.

I think people are getting butthurt over the "blink-182" tag because they have strong preconceived notions of what blink-182 should sound like. I went into the new album and these songs with a completely open mind. The only thing the "blink-182" moniker did for me was bring it to my attention. And I think I enjoy these songs more because of it.
    Yeah...rough year. Meanwhile, Tom won an award from some alien organization no one cares about. So yay.

Amber, AshlandATeam and slimfenix182 like this.
  16. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

This and Parking Lot are both homers in my book, I wish they woulda put either of those songs on California over Los Angeles.

Amber and Serenity Now like this.
  17. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

It's okay. It seems like in the California Deluxe edition, Matt will have a much more prominent role in the songs. So far both tracks are decent but nothing I'll probably revisit much. My takeaway from California is a bunch of mediocre tracks but nothing that really stands out as amazing.

18. testtime

Regular

Los Angeles is the best song on the album. But I agree. They probably should have left LA off and put it on an album that deserves it.

19. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

Disagree, LA is the only miss song on CA in my opinion. It reminds me of a trying too hard radio rock song.

Serenity Now likes this.
  20. mrbeanzie

Sure, the album cover says blink-182 so people will go to their shows. I miss tom's creativity a lot. These songs sound incredibly generic and uninspired IMO

Chcurry182, renoinexile, Raku and 2 others like this.
  21. have you heard angels and airwaves tho

22. testtime

Regular

I definitely prefer a trying too hard radio rock song than an outdated garage punk album.

fran.182 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Guys...its all the same. And it's ok. It's just new blink.

24. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

All yours

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Songs super catchy and melodic but the lyrics feel super generic. Still 2/2 and I'm intrigued for this release