Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Misery”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Not as good as 'parking lot'

3. I like this one way better than "Parking Lot." Great little dark vibe, little Alk3 in the bridge as well. Into it.

4. bmir14

Trusted Supporter

Skiba sounds great. I like the alkaline influences... that being said, don't think i'll be revisiting that song.

5. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Great track, I love its Alkaline Trio-ish vibe.

6. Honeymagnolia

Regular Supporter

This song is great. Both songs have been catchy and have little cool bits about them. As everyone has said love the Alkaline Trio vibe to it.

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It's pretty good. They've used that same basic intro riff with a few slight variations sooooo many times on this album though.

8. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

This is the darker direction that I wanted all along. I wonder if this was a Pre-Feldmann track. Regardless, I think this is the right sound for this iteration of Blink.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. Woohoo!

Regular

Do they always sing on every song because that's the way they like the songs to sound or do they do it because they're afraid people won't think it's really Blink without at least Mark singing on the track?

10. Tim McCall

Regular

Agreed.

Jason Tate likes this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Skiba does sound really great when he comes in . The song is fine, it's good. But I think my time as a big Blink fan is over. Maybe that's what they were trying to tell me on Neighborhoods and I just didn't pick it up. There are songs I dig on Neighborhoods and California, but it's just clear they aren't my thing anymore. I guess it took me some time to come to terms with that. I am stoked for their success and new life. I am really happy to see Skiba reach this level of recognition as well. I respect the hell out of the band. I am glad others are really digging the new stuff, but I've realized my interests lie elsewhere musically at this point. When I looked back and didn't spend as much time with California as I anticipated and really haven't followed the re-release, I think it's time to give up the ghost. I guess this is growing up.

12. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

I think this could have been edited down to 3:30 easy and be a barnburner. Chorus is great and the AK3 bridge vibes are great. Yes, it sounds like Bored to Death (intro/bridge). That's ok.

This feels like a great not-quite-final draft of a REALLY good song, but some tightening keeps it from being really great for me. Same thing with Parking Lot. Hopefully there isn't so much extra fat on some other songs on the deluxe. I'm a person who already preordered the vinyl, and I'm not discouraged. But I'm not THAT impressed.

13. don't fret

this is what ive been waiting for with these guys

AshlandATeam likes this.
  14. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Like this a lot more than parking lot. The bridge is awesome

15. Kristen

Regular

Agreed

16. AshlandATeam

Trusted

This song is great. The last two specifically really feel like Skiba has gotten comfortable and is having a heavier hand writing, and that's a good thing - this feels like putting the strengths of both bands in a blender and spitting out something better than what they've done on their own.

Amber likes this.
  17. DesolateEarth

Birb

Gotta agree with Jason and others on this one. Very good song and exactly the darker vibe I was hoping California as a whole was going to have.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  18. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Mark's lyrics in this are atrocious.

beckerm6 likes this.
  19. I am liking these new songs more than I liked anything on the original release of California.

Amber and DesolateEarth like this.
  20. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

both of these new tracks have been great i think. cool that we're getting two albums in a year.

21. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

yeah weird that they're doing "lyric videos" for these songs. why would you want to call attention to what they're saying haha.

MISERY LOVES COMPANY

22. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

I dig it for what it is! I can see why this is being released as a deluxe edition. These two tracks have a B-Side kinda vibe to them in my opinion. Good, but not quite what they could have been. I'm glad they're enjoying the recording process, but jeez take some time to refine the songs. Regardless, at the end of the day I'm happy to have more Blink for the summer.

This sounds like a painful but mature break-up sentiment hahaha at least you'll have the memories!

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  23. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Hahaha I didn't pick up on that, but you are totally right. Someone could definitely use that post as the outline for a breakup.

24. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Another gem. The bridge in particular is stellar.

Chris Prindle likes this.
  25. dp619

Regular Supporter

Misery > Parking Lot

Raku, Amber, Chris Prindle and 3 others like this.