Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Darkside” Video • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I seriously have no idea what Fortnite is, but that seemed like a terrible idea for a video ehh ;d though at least it doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth! and I love Mark's bass design!!

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

With my first child on the way, I'm queuing up the Sparrow Sleeps already. I'll encourage them to like the music they want to like...but I do selfishly hope they come to appreciate my tastes.

awyliedo likes this.
  3. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

Jesus Christ people, it’s a blink music video not a art film. It’s supposed to be light and fun...exactly what it is. When did the world get so cynical and when did people start looking for something to be mad about all the time.

It’s not their best video but it’s not their worst and even if it was who cares?

4. domotime2 Aug 29, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 29, 2019)
    domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

look... i'm pretty down on this whole era of Blink, haven't really cared for most of the songs, but people shitting on this video because "pshhhh why are they trying to appeal to little kids?" or "psh those dance moves are trendy and arent' cool anymore"

uhhhh... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what?

If there are kids in a music video, it means they're appealing to them? have they every seen a music video before in their life? And i think Blink knows those dance moves are 'lame' etc...like, who the hell cares. Song is called darkside, and the video is happy kids doing trendy moves with big smiles.

I think the video is cute. fun. made me like the song more (although Mark is starting to look oldddddddddd)

5. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Didn't know something as simple as kids dancing could make people so angry

6. VCargo08

Oh man I have some really bad news for you...

7. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

haha whoops

8. razorburn

Trusted

God forbid the band has fun, right?

slimfenix182 and Analog Drummer like this.
  9. Ska Senanake

Trusted

What is their worst video?

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

TBF, I think at least two of the dance moves are actually Childish Gambino/This is America dances that FortNite characters eventually started doing

11. Which dance move is exclusive to Fortnite? I assumed the game was taking already popular dances and putting them into the game.

Christian Romero likes this.
  12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Had no idea these dance moves were in any way associated with fortnite. Had no idea fortnite was a game that had a place for dancing?

13. I Miss You.

EDIT: Thinking about it more, that's the last bad one I remember, but then I remembered they did one of After Midnight and it's just largely forgettable. Maybe that's worse?

Ska Senanake likes this.
  14. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

woah After Midnight had a quite awesome video actually, though I might have seen it once or twice, but I still remember the plot and some footage! They used to have much cooler videos, and that's it. But you can't keep up with that throughout your whole career I guess, it doesn't really matter as much. I remember I watched videos off of TOYPAJ like 200 times, but those were different times. Now other bands make cool videos hahh. Like PUP for example ;d

Turkeylegz likes this.
  15. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

very funny video.

16. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

After Midnight was fine aside from it felt just like that Zach Galifianakis/Emma Roberts movie. I forget the name lol wasn't a bad movie though

17. slimfenix182

Down is a boring ass video. I only remember Terry Crews is in it.

She's Out Of Her Mind is lazy and terrible. I take issue with anybody who doesn't think SOOHM is easily their worst hah.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I can get the band wanting to have fun, it is Blink for christ sake, but this was pure cringe. I couldn't make it past a minute.

Vase Full Of Rocks likes this.
  19. slimfenix182

Love the video more every time I watch it

Turkeylegz and disambigujason like this.
  20. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

It’s all subjective but personally, I think she’s out of her mind and man overboard we’re pretty bad videos for blink. Not bad videos but let downs compared to a legacy of greats...but that’s just my opinion

Ska Senanake likes this.
  21. robargarthan

I can agree that Fortnite dances can be pretty cringy, but a lot of people in here sound like the typical "get off my lawn" old folks. Like it or not, Fortnite dances are probably going to be a staple of this decade so get over it. I thought it was a fun video for what it was.

22. My son is 3, has never seen those dances, knows the song and blink pretty well, and immediately asked me to play it again at the end. Couldn’t have felt better sharing this great video with him.

23. slimfenix182

I really try to comprehend what kind of grump you have to be to hate this video. I'd murder to have five minutes of as much fun as the kids in this video are having lol

David Parke and disambigujason like this.
  24. Analog Drummer

Regular

Also I don’t think they get the budgets of 2000 anymore, any bands. Was a wild Time before mass file sharing

25. Analog Drummer

Regular

Every sporting event with big screens usually have a dance cam or even Fortnite Cam wheres it’s just 100s of kids doing that floss dance and the rest. It’s mental