Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Can’t Get You More Pregnant” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Schooner

Trusted

The guitars do sound amazing in this

Not sure if it's just me or because they're so short and that's all I can soak in but the guitar tones in all 3 joke songs sound the best out every song on the album
    (Parking Lot was strong too though)

Hunter Norman likes this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The production, instrumentation and Mark's voice actually sound great on this

Too bad it's extremely unfunny

Zilla likes this.
  3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Eh Tom would've made it a full length song i.e. Golden Showers. At least they had the sense to keep it short. Unnecessary song either way lol

Schooner likes this.
  4. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

So, I am not a native speaker and I'm not sure if I got the joke. Is he basically saying "since you don't wanna have sex with me I'll have to masturbate"?

(Sorry for explaining a joke which is already unfunny enough)

5. Dan O'Neill

Regular

I thought the joke was funny. Super low-brow, but funny...like most Blink joke songs. :)

6. Raku

Regular

*Sigh*

I miss when "blink-182" tried to push not only themselves, but their sound forward to the next level.

CMilliken likes this.
  7. church11

i can't help but have the same feeling i get whenever i see roy jones sign on to fight another match

8. CMilliken Apr 13, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 13, 2017)
    CMilliken

Trusted

Slowly giving up on this band ever releasing "mature" content. For as hated as Neighborhoods was at least it showed maturity and growth. And I know I'm going to take a lot of shit for saying that.

I also like Neighborhoods more than California so I'm probably considered a fake fan. Haha

Raku likes this.
  9. Dan O'Neill

Regular

You're just as real as a fan as anyone else.

Shit, most of my friends hate California quite a bit. I'd still consider them all Blink fans. :)

CMilliken likes this.
  10. CMilliken

Trusted

Just sucked they threw away the more mature sound/lyrics to write songs for teens in California. Sure it has a few decent songs. But it honestly fell off my rotation really quick.

Raku likes this.
  11. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

I've said this before, Blink has become a template band. Every joke song they've released off of California has been within the same 0:15-0:30 length range. I think some of their best joke songs appeared on TOYPAJ, where "Happy Holidays, You Bastard" was still short but ran 0:42, and both "F*ck A Dog" and "When You F*cked Grandpa" were both around 1:30. If they're gonna throw multiple joke songs onto a record, at least give us some longer songs and get creative with it, not the same 5-15 seconds of a riff with 1 joke as a verse... and for the last time, whether it's a joke or not, let Matt have his own song!

12. RiseAgainst379

Regular

You never have to apologize for not understanding something in your non-native language :).
    The joke is that the girl is already pregnant, so they may as well have unprotected sex, because she's not going to get pregnant twice.

Dan O'Neill likes this.