Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Built This Pool” • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 5, 2016.

1. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I just get tired of production talk. Either you like it or you don't but don't just blame "production." Some of the worst songs ever have stellar production and some of the best songs ever have terrible production. There's more to a good song.
    I can't listen to songs and nit pick to death.

2. The original post said nothing about the content of the song or the user's opinion of it's musical merit though... like, at all. Just because different songs have different sounding production doesn't mean people shouldn't talk about it haha

FTank likes this.
  3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

This doesn't make any sense. You can like a song and still say you don't like the production. No one ever said song quality = production ... it seems you're arguing a point that no one's made and attempting to limit discussion. Production is an aspect of music, so it can and should be discussed when talking about music.

4. theredline

Trusted Supporter

The user said its almost painful to listen to. Painful? Really? Those aspects jump out at you so much that it hurts to listen to? I just don't buy it. Most of the time it comes off sounding super pretentious.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

It's really not a stretch, I've listened to records that hurt my ears because of poor production. I wouldn't agree in this case, but there's nothing pretentious about it.

6. trevorshmevor May 8, 2016
    (Last edited: May 8, 2016)
    Exactly as FTank said, it's not a stretch to believe that at all. I have certainly listened to songs where something stands out so much that it quite literally starts to hurt my ears.

But even if that weren't that case -- so what? It's a little hyperbole. The person never said they didn't like the song, just didn't like the way it sounded. You know what I think is pretentious? Writing off another person's opinion with a one worded response because it's something you can't relate to or don't agree with.

7. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Whatever.

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Gotta love the guy that thinks "no" and "whatever" are legitimate points to make

TheWater(s) likes this.
  9. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Exactly.

10. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

lollllll

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This song has been stuck in my head for days now. It's becoming a problem, because someone at my office is definitely going to catch me singing "I WANNA SEE SOME NAKED DUDESSSSS".

12. Schooner

Trusted

13. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

You really are not helping your case at all. Why post if you're only going to write one word responses that discourage real discussion?

14. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Sarcasm. Get into it.

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh, okay, sounds good. You cleared that up, thanks.