Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Bored to Death” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I like it, very classic Blink feel. They will always be the soundtrack for the youth!

3. benschuyler

Regular Prestigious

Man, great video. Definitely not as relatable as it would've been for me 10 years ago, but my nostalgia is certainly triggered.

morte likes this.
  4. defmytones

Regular

Good solid video. All the good things coming from them of late.

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I met that guy Kris (male lead) a while back cause we have a lot of mutual friends. He's also the guy on the cover of Anberlin's "Vital". Good for him!

Also this video is pretty safe/generic for Blink but I'm sure it's what the fans want so I get it.

js977 likes this.
  6. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Now I can finally say which verses Mark and Matt sing respectively.

7. jorbjorb

7 rings

awesome vid

8. Eric

Regular

I was glad when I first found out that a lot of people can barely tell them apart haha. I'm not a huge blink fan so I thought it was just me but it seems like a lot of good fans still have trouble with it

morte likes this.
  9. iamfirebreather

The revolution was a lie.

weird seeing Skiba with a nose ring and bangs lol. i thoroughly enjoy seeing him play with blink even though i thought i would hate it

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

love it

11. solxace

oh word?

Beautiful

12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed this video.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This sure is a Blink-182 video

LosManosFuertes likes this.
  14. kiguel182

Regular

I feel like the contrast between the young people in the video and the band is a little jarring. They seem a little too old for that video.

Also, Akiba's look is terrible.

15. blacktaxi2d

decent video, i dont see anyone in the band smiling at any point though. went back and relived first date and rock show videos after, that was their peak tbh

16. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Haha, they're never too old for such videos, I possibly felt too old to relate, but still it was just fine, and nostaligc whatsoever.

I'm not sure how some people had problems to distinct vocals between Mark and Matt, it is a bit difficult when it's something short, but whole verses have so many intricacies, they're not really that simillar! It's also a matter of production, because nobody has ever made such a comparison throughout like 20 years when they sang in separate bands.

17. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

First Date and Josie are hands down two of my favorite videos. The band does look a bit old to be doing this kind of video still but I get it. It does have that blink feel to it.

18. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

The videos you guys have mentioned that have smiles all over the place, are at least 15 years old. Did we have any funny videos for the untitled album in 2003? Did we hear any complaints therefore? I don't really remember anything of that sort. I always liked both versions of them, "The Rock Show" had a video that I played for myself each morning I would wake up to school, but even "Adam's Song" was what really gave me chills, and I loved it, not missing the silliness in that by a bit.

19. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

As I was watching the video, I got the impression that they very intentionally showed the verses Skiba sings for that exact reason.

I thought it was pretty easy to tell them apart in Rabbit Hole though.

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

They showed him singing the verses, just because that's what you do in a video with different singers, not solely out of any kind of suspicion that people might not tell two different voices apart ;p If they had wanted to achieve that, they could have already marked their respective parts in the lyric video.

Daniel182 likes this.
  21. morte

Regular

It's OK. I would have loved it 10 years ago.
    It's basically a ripoff of the "After Midnight" video but with the high school cliché instead of the mental institution.

22. ekjohnson4

Not Hydra

This was my thought too. Love the song, but not big on this vid.

23. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Video is... okay? Song is great though.

24. LosManosFuertes

Love This Place Supporter

Haha accurate as hell.

tdlyon likes this.