Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Blame It on My Youth” • Page 6

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2019.

1. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

2. Jason Tate May 8, 2019
    (Last edited: May 8, 2019)
    They work together and often give/get credit when they do a song. It’s very communal/collective. They’re awesome people too, more businesses should share credit for collective work instead of one person saying “I did it all” when that's rarely the case.

3. BradBradley

Regular

Ah, I see that you are an expert on how the most respected mastering studios in the world operate.

4. VivaLaPopPunk

Regular

This is not good. Not good at all. I enjoyed California, but this tune is awful.

DooDooBird likes this.
  5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I never knew until today that tracks have more than one individual doing the mastering. P cool I guess.

6. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I think this is neat. As someone who went to school for audio engineering back in my younger days I would have loved to have had an audio engineering group like this.

7. Ellite25

Regular

I enjoy the song. This kinda reminds me of the pushback when FOB moved in a more pop oriented direction. People wanting them to sound like they used to hated it and others appreciated it for what they are now without placing it within the context of the band’s discography or longing for their previous sound.

This song is catchy and I can dig that.

8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

To me on first listen....if Los Angeles was the night time/dark version of this song, Blame It On My Youth is the bright/sunny day version.

9. Dying_ambiance

Newbie Supporter

I agree. When I went to school for audio engineering
    it was not the norm.

10. You can now bookmark it! ;)

Did you really like the last bit of what he DID contribute to the group? Especially live?

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  11. Exactly. And I bet a lot of people that worked on songs, helped do things as interns or younger help, wish they got the credit the top-line name did on a bunch of stuff as well.

I've heard of people working with some biiiig name mixers that have what basically are engineering assistants do most of the early passes and they never get credit. :-/

Raku, Mr. Serotonin and David Parke like this.
  12. devenstonow

Noobie

Whatever happened to Chris Holmes? I feel like.he always pushed Mark to that dark electronic side

Raku likes this.
  13. I have talked with Emily Lazar on multiple occasions. I'm sure if you read through her discography you'll see why.

Check them out on Twitter, lots of great people.

David Parke likes this.

14. :shrug:

Haha, I haven't talked to him in a loooong time.

15. Dying_ambiance May 8, 2019
    (Last edited: May 8, 2019)
    Dying_ambiance

Newbie Supporter

Happens a lot and it's a shame.

My main comment in regards to the number of people mastering the song was less about the fact that "X" amount of people mastered the song. It was more about the fact that it really shouldn't have needed that many people to "master" it. Now if the list of people who mastered it includes everyone in the process like you said, then I am glad they got credit for the time and energy they spent working on the piece of music.

With all that unnecessary shit said. This might not be a song I'm going to enjoy by Blink. I'll hold back 100% judgment for a full album, because I'm a full picture type of guy. I'm glad they are making whatever the fuck music they want.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Nearly all of the entry level positions near Atlanta (closest area to me with multiple job openings) were basically asking for exactly that. This wasn’t for big name producers either. I nope’d out of that and had to find a new career path. Props to a group that isn’t dog eat dog. Their list of artists and projects is impressive as well.

17. BradBradley

Regular

Sorry, I didn’t mean to direct that towards you. I meant to reply to the person stating that it shouldn’t have taken that many people.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

I loved California, hell I loved Neighborhoods.. but I just cant get into this very much. Is this Thing Cursed? Was Skibas best work in a while though, so I can't complain at all.

19. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Just came here to say I love the song. Totally happy with this direction and I’m quite amped for the album now. I like the retrospective lyrics and the production. Skiba sounds much more comfortable on this too. As a 30 year-old, I relate to the lyrical content a lot. Great job Blink.

20. Eml182

Regular

Because, musically, “I Miss You” and this are cousins is why this is Blink 182

21. Gen Handley

Regular

Is that autotune?

22. Gen Handley

Regular

Did he say that? If so, this is a good point - I actually prefer Coldplay to this.

Raku likes this.
  23. Gen Handley

Regular

Linton9488, Raku and 44DeLonge like this.
  24. 44DeLonge

First Star Wars, then Chewbacca. Now Blink. RIP

palebluedot and Raku like this.
  25. [​IMG]

Now that's on brand.

slimfenix182 and David Parke like this.