Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Blame It on My Youth” • Page 5

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2019.

1. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Good point! It feels disingenuous after the first few listens. I didn’t pay too much attention to the lyrics, though.

IAmMikeWhite likes this.
  2. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

I bought Enema, TMTTS, TOYPAJ, and Untitled all at Target, day of. I would literally cry happy tears to hear them on Top 40 at my Target.

David Parke likes this.
  3. Artdmg

Onward, progress, or so it seems Supporter

Good for these guys that they still are making music after 25+ years. I think it's just not for me and that is fine. California was a massive success and even though I think it was a bad record it's not fair for me or other fans to get mad/tweet at them that they don't make music that reminds them of Old blink.

With all that said, Skiba sounds great on this. I just am not a fan of the production/overall direction they are taking.

I still have Enema/TOYPAJ so I'm content.

4. BradBradley

Regular

Dude Ranch came out in 1997. It would be weird as hell and/or incredibly boring if a song that Blink released in 2019 sounded exactly the same. I don’t want a rehash of Josie from anyone, Blink included. I still love that era of their music, but I would rather revisit it than get a new album’s worth of three middle-aged guys’ impressions of what was cool in the late 90s.

5. BradBradley

Regular

A new Sugarcult album would be so awesome. I have zero faith that it will ever happen, but I would love to be wrong.

CMilliken, Raku and moura like this.
  6. mernest444

i thought no feldmann would be good thing

Raku and AutopilotYears like this.
  7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This is prime Blink

BradBradley likes this.
  8. AMC

Regular

Don't think feldman had anything to do with this track.

9. thechetearly

Regular

They just need to hang the shit up.

10. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Good tune. At first I was wondering why it sounded kinda empty and weak. But then I remembered I only had one earbud in and it all made sense!

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  11. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

r/poppunkers is the same. People shitting all over this.

I think it's kind of generic and bland, but people are calling for the end of blink-182 over this in the thread on r/poppunkers.
    I didn't even know there were all these roles for a single song. That's nuts. No wonder recording is expensive.

12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I like the verses but I'm not a fan of the 'Blame It On My Youth' chorus unfortunately. Hopefully it's a grower.

13. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I regret reading these comments.

14. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

YES PLEASE

15. russvanderhoof

pizza.~

...that's why I built this pOooooOoOoOooOool.~

16. Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 12.04.42 PM.png

Heh, check that out.

17. AMC

Regular

And stop making millions? Okay buddy.

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Why does one song need to have six different people mastering it?

heymattrick likes this.
  19. The Lodge

One of the most respected mastering studios in the world.

20. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

21. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I'm liking the synth sounds on this; reminds me of self-titled vibes, which is a good thing

22. Tom Ed

Being 34, it's very interesting to see basically the same wave of negativity flood the band like it did 20 years ago. People are saying they're now pop trash, just like when Enema of the State came out. Love this song and still love this band.

23. *makes the eye to eye gesture back and forth*

24. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Finally listening to this and I'm a little confused by the negativity, it sounds like a blink song imo. Pretty fun!

25. Dying_ambiance

Newbie Supporter

That didn't answer the question. This song should not have needed that many people to master it.