Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “Blame It on My Youth” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 8, 2019.

1. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I like this more on first listen than anything from California. The lyrics aren't a revelation but still worlds better than the last effort. I'm down.

2. SPine

Trusted

Yeah I don't like this at all.

3. IAmMikeWhite

@IAmMikeWhite Supporter

Huh?

David Parke likes this.
  4. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

They make such great use of skiba on this. On California they were still getting used to working him in but his vocals are great on this fit perfectly. I also love the harmonies with both of them. Stoked for the album.

kidwithhelmet likes this.
  5. palebluedot

This song reminds me of "Feeling This" in a weird way

6. HatingEveryMinute

2005 OMEA runner up in triangle solo

Man this sounds like a run of the mill pop song. How can Travis say Tom wanted to make them sound like Coldplay and then put this out?

7. ohitsjustrob

"The only truth is music." Supporter

This song is dank, Travis is such a good drummer. Love the beat. Lyrics are great, I love the chorus hook, such a fresh sound! Love the direction they are going in, seems like this could almost been the next step from Untitled or maybe even Neighborhoods, almost +44ish with the electronic tinges. Regardless, loving this and can not wait for the new album.

David Parke likes this.
  8. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Feels like there are no real instruments in it. Catchy sure, but definitively disappointing.

Brent, AllenRicketts and BlackwingE like this.
  9. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

they did it again. this is great!

10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Gonna listen to this more before I cast judgment

11. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I like the music but not a fan of the lyrics. I know it’s Blink we’re talking about, but I was hoping for something slightly more mature, I guess

Edit - by mature I meant similar to Untitled

AllenRicketts likes this.
  12. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

You mean the prominent drums? The guitars in both verses? The palm-muted guitar in the bridge? The guitar in the breakdown chorus?

13. AMC

Regular

reminds me of simple creature a little bit.

BlackwingE likes this.
  14. AMC

Regular

what do you mean?

David Parke likes this.
  15. Raku

Regular

I'm sorry, but I don't like this...

I'll keep giving this band chances, hoping I'll like something... So far blink-182 without Tom hasn't been a good fit to me. Hopefully one day I can be proven wrong, but I'm not liking what they're doing without Tom in the mix.

CMilliken, Uknown76 and AllenRicketts like this.
  16. zacooper

Regular

This just made me lol. What lyrics in Untitled were "mature"? They literally had 4 songs on the album that just repeated the song title for the chorus or throughout the song.

17. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

There’s something strangely comforting about getting a “did you hear the new blink song yet” text from the same few friends I’ve known since I was a kid but really only keep in touch with around the beginning of a Blink 182 album cycle. Shit like that makes cruising into my mid 30’s a lot easier.

18. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

Glad you got a laugh. Mature probably wasn’t the best word to use. I don’t know how I feel about a dude that’s almost 50 singing “blame it on my youth”

SEANoftheDEAD and Raku like this.
  19. Jackbo487

Regular

listening to this reminds me a LOT of 311's new 'Good Feeling,' which was also produced by and features a notable structural contribution from Feldmann. Interesting ...

Bayside 182 likes this.
  20. (FYI: Feldmann didn't have anything to do with this song.)

21. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Was just listening to that song, loving that as well.

22. zacooper

Regular

I don't disagree with you. But I think the ship of blink ever having age appropriate/not sounding like they are written by someone in Junior high poetry class days are a pipe dream. They are the same as they've always been and I don't expect them to ever get less cringey. But the dudes can make millions of dollars writing about high school shit so good for them.

Raku likes this.
  23. AMC

Regular

This is awesome. I feel same way. New blink will never get old.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  24. Jackbo487

Regular

even more interesting! Thanks for that note, Jason

25. ZeoVGM

Regular

This is great! It feels like they tried to find "their" sound in a post-Tom band. And knowing Tim from Sugarcult worked on this makes me giddy.

(I would like a new Sugarcult album, please.)