Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 – “6/8” • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 27, 2017.

1. LightsOut

Regular

Great song!

2. LightsOut

Regular

When is this add on album comes out?

3. Schooner

Trusted

May19 aka 19/5

4. tastetherainbow

And you are entitled to your opinion

molassescookies and Raku like this.
  5. TheZeroKid

I'm Not Holden Caulfield Prestigious

I had hoped that Blink would get a bit darker now that Skiba's in the band so I'm digging this.

6. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

It's called 6/8 because it was written in 6/8 time and they'd never done one in that time signature before. Mark confirmed as much on Twitter.

I LOVE this song.

7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Travis is great on this (like he has been more pretty much all the California tracks), but I just hate how glossy this and all the tracks sound. I thinks it's one of the reasons California never quite stuck with me. I hope they go with a different producer for whatever they do next.

8. bodkins

Trusted

And on Facebook AND on YouTube. If they ever write a song in 5/4 they'll probably take out a billboard.

AgainstMe182 and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  9. The song is very monotone in its delivery. The 6/8 is a novelty that is honestly not that crazy. Most of the song is just straight strumming with very similar vocal rhythms and melodies throughout the song. Trust me, this could have gone through more revisions.

That being said, I still like it, but as a b-side. It sounds like a rough draft of a song.

Raku likes this.
  10. Phillip

BOO

I agree it doesn't sound very Blink-182 ish, which is great. This song is awesome. Travis is insane. And I appreciate the title letting me know what time signature to count right away. Agree with some of the Thursday comparisons.

I've also realized if I focus on the melody and ignore the lyrics almost entirely, I enjoy newer Blink songs a lot more.

ALSO, 6/8 as a time signature rules. 3/4 sucks, though. Fuck 3/4.

11. Schooner

Trusted

Oh yeah I know. Me and the other fella were just mucking around. Or at least I was

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The most interesting song they've released with Matt. It's so good to hear Travis fully letting loose.

Daniel182 likes this.
  13. snaps

Regular Supporter

I dig this

14. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

The spoken word part of this song sounds alot like Shane Told of Silverstein.

15. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Really dig the background yelling from Skiba. One of the best tracks they've done since the reunion.

16. bodkins

Trusted

Pretty sure he's joking

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  17. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I never said that this was a fact, you claimed that I said this was a fact. Is it a fact? I don't know.. I never said that.

bodkins and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  18. tastetherainbow

You were just quite positive, right?

19. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

I've had people show me very important stuff.. top secret, I can't share it. It would surprise EVERYBODY.

bodkins likes this.
  20. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Tom Delonge's an alien ?

joey-wan kenobi and Raku like this.
  21. tastetherainbow

Ok

Raku likes this.
  22. Jake Z

Regular

Love it. Very post-hardcore ish and Skiba's parts are great.