Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s Peter Pan Complex

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Alan Siegel, writing at The Ringer:

The story of Enema of the State, however, isn’t solely one about Blink-182’s big break. It’s also, like much of the most memorable pop music from 1999, about the perfect marriage of artist and producer as well as the profound influence of MTV. And yes, the tale contains plenty of gratuitous nudity.

This is a fun piece.

2. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Confirming once again that Green Day was the genesis for all things Blink 182.

macbethfan and Ska Senanake like this.
  3. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Read this earlier today, love the alternate title's...

4. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

“Peter Pan Complex” is an amazing late 90’s pop punk song name.

I still think WMAA is better than ATST. I know that’s a minority opinion but I believe in it. When the last chorus with the layered Hammond organ and “please stay with me” kicks in, that’s audible heroin for me.

5. Phil507

Is that minority opinion? I always found that to be the better song even if All The Small Things is the more surefire karaoke number.

6. tytymcg

I will always be sad about whir first break up, their self titled album was their most grown up, experimental, and risky album, and to me their best album ever. I would have loved to see where their next music would have gone had they not broken up. Also I disagree that all their music is immature, dude ranch has a lot of songs not just about breakups but about growing up and what that means, it was sing of what potential seriousness their music could have.

7. Phil507

I think Neighbourhoods was the next logical step but everyone wanted the goofy fun times version of the band so that record got a bit of a cold reaction.

tytymcg likes this.
  8. tytymcg

I agree. I enjoyed neighborhoods, not as much as self titled, but definitely enjoyed it. I’m still sad Tom’s not in the band. I’ve had a tough time getting into the stuff with Matt in his place. But I definitely feel as though self titled is underrated, I still listen to it so much.