Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s New Album Out This Friday • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 27, 2016.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The first one, Cynical

2. Mike J

We talk too much / We talk in circles

I understand the criticisms of TFA but what was boring to you? To me, the movie felt too short (which is true since they cut out some key action set pieces at Maz's as well as on Starkiller Base).

Ultimately, I value the film because it introduced some phenomenal new characters that I'm already invested in thanks to JJ's uncanny ability to cast relative unknowns in the same way that his idol Steven Spielberg can.

Episode VIII already has a better script and director in Rian Johnson and he had/has more time to ready his film than JJ did. I truly believe that TFA will be the worst film of this new trilogy and if that's their worst one, we're in good shape.

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I am sure I am in the minority but I am going to wait until Friday. I really haven't had an urge to listen to the leak.

AshlandATeam and jorbjorb like this.
  4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I've heard this album sucks. Is this true?

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Nope.

Jason Tate and AshlandATeam like this.
  6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I've heard Home Is Such A Lonely Place and a clip of Cynical. Still staying strong on the rest lol. My preorder is already on the way so hopefully I get it early. I'll listen whenever I legitimately obtain it haha.

7. Yep. TFA was fantastic and the best Star Wars album in years. This album is great and easily the best Blink work in years.

callumnmacleod likes this.
  8. Mike

I personally think that this album sounds like they went back to TOYPAJ and decided to take the other path than the one they took for Untitled. "She's Out of Her Mind" sounds like it could be a sequel to "The Rock Show".

Overall, I really like it. It's back to the roots. It isn't Untitled but I don't think they should have tried to emulate that anyway. Who knows, maybe the next album will take inspiration from Untitled and merge the two paths.

slimfenix182 and FTank like this.
  9. Derek Wright

Regular Prestigious

This album took me by surprise. I knew I'd really like it, but not as much as I do. I find myself constantly putting it back on.. Not skipping one track. Then an hour later I repeat. One of their best releases in a long time. I feel like a kid again. LONG LIVE BLINK-182 WITH SKIBA! :ok::fist:

FTank and slimfenix182 like this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wait, is that how you spell it? I always thought it was "look-see" lol

11. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I might have spelled it looksy. That looks weird though now that I type it out. I'd go looksie

tdlyon likes this.
  12. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Ready for those pre-orders to start shipping!

13. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Being a huge Star Wars fan, I couldn't disagree more about The Force Awakens, it was everything I wanted and never got from the prequels. It may have had moments that were pretty box checking, but they were boxes most people wanted checked. I also don't get how anybody found that movie boring. Each to their own and all that though.

Toms artistic vision was a good counter balance in the early days - but post 2009, yeesh. Give me check list by the books pop punk over that any day. Side note: I was the biggest fan of Tom until like 2013, so I'm not hating for the sake of hating.

If California is The Force Awakens, Neighbourhoods and DED are The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Which I guess fits your own analogy.. we just feel differently about what that means I guess.

FTank likes this.
  14. Stevie

Regular

Just heard the album. Super fun. Fav songs Cynical and San Diego (given the reference to my other fav band The Cure!)