Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s “GMA” Summer Concert Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Blink-182’s performance on at the GMA concert series is up on YouTube. Also, I recommend reading Dan Ozzi’s telling of his trip to this show:

When the alarm goes off at 5, the immediate remorse sinks in. That’s a strange feeling, to wake up to sense of regret. I put on my most Warped Tour clothes—a hat and shorts, both by Volcom, the brand of choice for men in their thirties who swear they could totally still do a kickflip.

2. joey-wan kenobi

Happiness is a warm gun mama

Sounded a lot better than I expected

3. musicguy87 Jul 1, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 1, 2016)
    musicguy87

I was at this morning's show as well. I enjoyed it, band sounded good, people around me were cool, Hawaiian shirt guy was annoying. Dan's review was spot on. Quite funny too. That said, you like what you like-regardless of age. Shouldn't feel guilty about it...I was closer than Dan was at the show but I didn't realize that MANY people showed up! Pretty crazy-just shows how much blink's influence still has on our generation. And well the show was free too-never hurts.

Just curious-what are the chances 'California' goes to #1 on Billboard? Any ideas?

4. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Matt is killing it. Great live voice and huge guitar tone.

5. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

I enjoy an incarnation of Blink that sounds decent on tv performances.

heavyd and Dan O'Neill like this.
  6. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

why did they play the track right before the band performed it? haha

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  7. kylethrash

Dan's account of this was perfect.

8. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

So happy for Matt.

heavyd likes this.
  9. marceting

Trusted

Drake is still killing it. Maybe 25% it goes to #1.

10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

That show review is amazing. Especially the tweets.

11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

For real, Matt sounds so good live. I've seen them live with Tom and Matt just sounds so much better, especially singing "All The Small Things." That song has never sounded better live than it does with Matt on vocals.

I mean, it also helps that Matt is just a way better singer than Tom in general but still.

heavyd likes this.
  12. jeff.dart

Regular

Gotta say, I am absolutely loving this album, some of the best songs they've ever written, and the album as a whole is up there among the best they've done. The live show sounds better to boot. Really hope Matt turns out to be a long term thing. Also, Feldman producing their future albums is fine by me, he did an excellent job.

joey-wan kenobi likes this.
  13. hoodrat

Regular

Good article by Dan, very Klosterman-esque.

14. Buscemi knows best

You owe me a Sausage McMuffin

Live performances at 8am are never going to be masterpieces, but still, that was not good.

15. DisloyalOrder

Trusted Prestigious

Mark struggles too much in Bored to Death's original key. I assume/hope they will adjust soon. Other than that, the concert was fine.

16. JackOnDrums

It's funny how much shittier Mark's vocals sound with Tom gone now haha

Daniel182 likes this.
  17. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

They sounded great and all looked happy while playing. I really like this record, my only gripe is they didn't put the full version of Built This Pool on there.

18. RiseAgainst379 Jul 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 3, 2016)
    RiseAgainst379

Regular

Yeah Mark seems to really struggle to get up there in Bored to Death. Might consider dropping a half step or so.

Also, wasn't a common gripe when Tom was in the band the excessive use of sampling/backing tracks in the live show? This song is layered as shit.

19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

went to see Green Day in 2009...... Green Day GMA > Blink GMA. WAKE UP NYC PEOPLE!!!!

20. jols

Trusted Prestigious

Dan's article is making me think so many thoughts.

21. FakeGyllenhaal

Top comment on youtube reads "Tom Delonge looks so different now, did aliens take his hair and gave his voice back to him?" Had me laughing pretty hard because well... it's true. Dont think I've ever heard All the Small Things sound that good live.