Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s “Dumpweed” in the Style of The 1975

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I am singing Chocolate the whole time I hear this. This is fun.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

Straight fire!

4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Love him. I hope he and Chrissy from ATC do some songs together at some point.

5. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I don't get it. It's just chocolate (uncanny valley version) with the wrong words? It's not a mash up and it's not a cover. It's just odd... Besides the lyrics, there's absolutely nothing of Dumpweed in here. I went back and listened to the 1975 in the style of Blink, and thought that worked but I just don't get this one, like at all.

6. clucky

Trusted Supporter

This does weird things to my brain

Turkeylegz likes this.
  7. jorbjorb

7 rings

The riff at the start is the same as dump weed. Vocals are the same melody too.

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

You must have missed the reworked Dumpweed lead guitar riff in the very beginning of this.

David Parke likes this.
  9. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I kind of hear it? I dunno. It's also the same thing with the melody. It's not quite Chocolate but I definitely don't hear Dumpweed. I think without the power of suggestion, I'd never in a million years pick that riff out in this version.

10. DillonHigh

You seem fun.

11. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

Thank you for the compliment and contributing here. Would you like to take it a step further and add something related to the topic of the thread?

In all seriousness though, I am not sure what I did to warrant that comment? i love mash ups/interpretations/remixes of songs, and was just giving my opinion on this one. I don't think I was harsh or rude? I just don't get the classic dumpweed riff from this. Once it was pointed out, I can force myself to hear it but it's still buried in there for my tastes. To each their own though I guess. If you dig it, keep on digging it dude.

13. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

14. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

This was fun! I preferred when he did "Girls" as Enema-era Blink, but for what this is I enjoyed it too.

David Parke and marceting like this.
  15. Analog Drummer

Regular

It’s good. But yes I was hoping more for in the style of 1975 just not Chocolate with Dumpweeds lyrics too

Helloelloallo likes this.
  16. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I thought it was cool ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. just for fun ya'll.

David Parke likes this.
  17. josh.hofer

good times, fun for sure

David Parke likes this.
  18. Oskarr

Needled 24/7

Didn't dig this :/

palebluedot likes this.
  19. MikeERayner

Trusted

Can this guy just stop?

20. theredline

Trusted Supporter

I love the original music and this is interesting. But the “girl that I can train” lyric.....rough.

21. zachmacD

Trusted

this was fun. This guy has a great voice too.

22. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

I love this, but that might be entirely due to my love for The 1975. Either way, it's a good time.

23. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Was hoping for good things from this as I've definitely dug some of his other covers (the Halsey/P!ATD one especially), but this was kind of disappointing. It feels very forced to me.

24. kait_whiteside

I'd consider this more of a mash-up than something "in the style of." That's not a bad thing; it's just not as nuanced as his others, in my opinion.

25. shawnhyphenray

Regular

Very interesting. I pushed play then forgot I pushed play and thought I was listening to Chocolate for awhile.

Edit: Oh this is the guy who did Girl in the style of Blink awhile back, so now he'd just doing the opposite. This works better