Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s “Bored to Death” Hits #1 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 25, 2016.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I suppose you can say they progressed their sound on Enema just by bringing Travis in too.

2. drummerAVA

Trusted

That's one reason, yes... and they ventured into a more "Pop" territory in a meaningful way... and stayed true to themselves all the same.

I mean, think about it... they've never really done the same thing twice... up until now, I feel.

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I can't speak to this as I have yet to listen to most of the album but from impressions I read, Sober, Los Angeles, California don't sound like anything they've tried before. And I did listen to Home Is Such A Lonely Place and that certainly is different. I stand by thinking that TOYPAJ is just more Enema. Even simpler so that definitely feels like the same thing twice to me at least.

4. drummerAVA

Trusted

Idk, it mostly just all feels like TOYPAJ and 00's pop-punk/pop-rock to me... in a sometimes dull and generic sense. I'm sure I'll listen to it a bit more once the record is out (I'm weird when it comes to listening to leaks) and I'll develop a little more of an opinion on it, but my first impression is just "ehhhh."

To me, it all sounds like how Mark views Blink-182 before all the beef started with Tom and BCR the first time around... almost like it's back trying to be all, early-2000's era in sound and direction and where he wished maybe the band had gone lol. Idk...

5. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Good for blink. Easily the best thing they've done since Untitled.

6. BringsTheAwesome

We get it. This band would be nothing without Tom in your opinion. The music doesn't move forward without him. Although I think you are wrong, I'll leave it at that. As repetitive as Tom sounds on everything he does, I find your comments comical. I do.

But that's your opinion. You're entitled to it. I think blink sound incredible without Tom. They don't sound held back by spacey intros and bull shit recycled AVA ideas.

So thankful they moved on without Tom.