Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182’s ‘Untitled’ Gets “Audiophile” Vinyl Pressing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

SRC Vinyl have put up pre-orders for an “audiophile” pressing of Blink-182ʼs Untitled on vinyl.

The deluxe version of Blink 182 was mastered for vinyl by Kevin Gray (Coherent Audio), is pressed at RTI on a limited edition 180 gram audiophile, virgin black vinyl. The album will be housed in a thick 24 pt gatefold jacket with a matte and spot UV finish and includes center labels unique to this pressing. The deluxe edition of Blink 182 includes a 12 page booklet featuring lyrics and expanded artwork.

The post Blink-182’s ‘Untitled’ Gets “Audiophile” Vinyl Pressing appeared first on chorus.fm.

2. CMilliken Apr 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 4, 2016)
    CMilliken

Trusted

So tempting. Had I not just bought the three that Manchester Orchestra just repressed I'd order this.

3. I've been putting off getting this record for exactly this reason - there was no release that treated the audio quality with any dignity... but it's so expensive at $35! I might just go for it though. I've never ordered from SRC though and I'm a little scared about some of the horror stories I've heard.

NotBruce likes this.
  4. If it helps, I've only had great experience with them.

And $35 is pretty justifiable, I think. Weezer's audiophile Blue Album is always between $35-40 and that's only 10 songs and a weak album insert. Having Blink's album artwork, lyrics, liner note stories, etc. in a big booklet is really cool!

cubswin182 and NotBruce like this.
  5. NotBruce

Regular

I'm with @bradsonemanband, ordered from SRC a bunch and never had an issue.

Debating picking this up. Probably looking at $40ish with shipping, so who knows.

6. cubswin182

Newbie Supporter

I have orders a bunch of stuff from them and I have never had a problem. If it helps, their pressings of blink records are by far the best out there. TOYPAJ and Enema both sound so much better than the universal pressings that hot topic put out and the production of the cover and inserts are better than the MTS pressing from a few years ago.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I've ordered from them plenty of times, and did order this Self-Titled record (which they originally had posted for $40 and later refunded me $5). Most of the problems people have had with them are not really their fault - mostly it's album delays that all sites experience (like Jimmy Eat World Bleed American was pretty much delayed a year, The Black Parade was delayed by a few months, etc.). The only weird thing about SRC is sometimes I won't get a shipping confirmation e-mail and it'll just show up at my house with no notice. They are a smaller company too, so it may take a little longer to ship than an Amazon or other vinyl sites.

8. Oh it's totally justifiable I just have limited expenditures so I'll have to give something up to get this.

9. Glad to hear that! I may pull the trigger on this release.

10. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

$35 seems steep, but for what this record is, Im still gonna get it.

11. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

got mine already, can't wait to spin it!

12. ohitsjustrob

"The only truth is music." Supporter

There was no way i was passing this up, seems like it is getting a great treatment, and $35 for a Vinyl isn't unheard of, especially for an album this iconic, supply and demand.