Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blindspotting (Carlos López Estrada, July 20, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

2. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Didn't see a thread for this and I searched. Anyway, saw this last night. It was extremely good, one of the best of the summer. It was affecting, it was suspenseful, thoughtful, at times very funny, and so many other things while still adept at juggling all of it at least 98% of the time. I honestly thought most of the praise for this film was coming from people who went in with low expectations because of MoviePass but this is genuinely more or less amazing. There's admittedly one scene (involving the main character rapping) towards the end that people either won't have a problem with or it could take them out of the film, but I thought it added to the story, overall

Absolutely see this while it's still in theaters, because I have no idea how long it'll be for it to still be there. Again, this is a strong top 10 contender for the year for me

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I loved this. It had a few small flaws, but overall it was super entertaining and actually leaves a bit of an impression/makes you think.

Also, I didn't realize the two lead actors wrote this. Looks to be the first thing that Daveed Diggs has written and the first full length for Rafael Casal. Also, the director's first full length. Obviously they have other experience in the industry (acting, working on shorts/music videos, etc.) but if they keep writing/directing feature length films, I'm excited to see what's to come.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

This might be my favorite movie of the year so far. This and Eighth Grade

sawhney[rusted]2 and riotspray like this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Even better the second time, now I think this is close to perfect. Hate that I had to take multiple trains to see this again

6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

This was playing in Boston again, this time with a panel discussion and Q&A with Rafael Casal. Dude was awesome, so was catching this on the big(gish) screen again with a packed crowd that stood up and applauded at the end

riotspray likes this.
  9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

No excuses!

riotspray likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  11. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray and Groogz like this.
  12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

you know what to do

riotspray likes this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

great movie

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Well, I did not see that coming as his next project.

16. Mattww

Regular

Watched this movie recently - jaw-droppingly good. So affecting and funny at times. Still thinking about it days after

riotspray and aoftbsten like this.
  17. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I look forward to yet another Robin Hood adaptation I won't see

Blindspotting is fantastic though

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

it's also on hbo until the end of the month

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Well this was fucking outstanding. I think I checked into this to see something else on MoviePass when that was still a thing but now I wish I woulda just seen this.

aoftbsten and Groogz like this.
  21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

WATCH THIS if you haven't. One of my favorite films in recent memory.

aoftbsten and Groogz like this.
  22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

riotspray and aoftbsten like this.
  23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

‘Blindspotting’: TV Spin-Off Of Feature Film Goes To Series At Starz – Deadline

The series will focus on Jasmine Cephas-Jones' character, Casal and Diggs will write and produce, with at least Casal appearing as a recurring character.

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

why am i only seeing this now

aoftbsten and I Am Mick like this.