Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blinded By The Light (Gurinder Chadha, August 14,2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 2, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I don’t even listen to Springsteen but the plot summary of this sounds impeccable. Here for it.

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Most of this was fine. A lot the instances where they'd break out into Bruce songs took me out though

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I love The Boss, so I’ll give this a watch. The trailer looks alright.

koryoreo likes this.
  5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This was fine. Kinda cheesy at parts, but it has enough heart and if you're a music fan (particularly a Springsteen fan) then you'll probably enjoy it.

I do feel like they used the same 4-5 Springsteen songs over and over again though.

6. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

This movie is fucking stupid charming. The cheese was the point and I loved it.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

this movie was not what I was expecting, but I am glad this movie was somehow about Thatcherism and the love interest was Antifa, and I thought they incorporated that and the racism of NF well, I didn't know all the details of the politics of the era but the movie did a good job of that
    Eliza's in for a rude awakening about Morrissey
    I know it's a Bruce Springsteen movie but I hope it wasn't agreeing with Javed that all other music was mindless garbage, especially because they played It's A Sin by the Pet Shop Boys, but I know it was more that he thought it spoke to his soul but also no white British teen in 1987 listened to Springsteen really
    I didn't recognize Hayley Atwell but she was great

riotspray likes this.
  8. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

No I don’t think it was agreeing with him at all.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

In a turn of events that I’m sure will shock all of you, I loved everything about this movie.

10. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I thought the scene where he goes to the dayclub and starts listening to springsteen and then takes off his headphones and listens to the Pakistani music was a clear sign that it didn’t agree with his position.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

gonna try to catch this over the long weekend

12. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

free on hbo go/now for non-subscribers

TJ Wells likes this.
  13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

should finally watch this